This weekend starts spring clean up in our town.
Every year our town is divided into four sections and assigned a cleanup week. During the assigned week, residents place unwanted items out on the tree lawn for removal. The city spends the upcoming week hauling the items away for free.
It’s time to clean out the shed, basement and closets. Throw out old furniture that you don’t want or ditch the broken appliances. It’s really a wonderful month.
But, it’s also a time to pick up pieces to upcycle.
That’s the best part. Anyone can take anything left on the curb.
Back in 2013, I picked up a couple windows and a door for my pallet shed.
Last year, I picked up headboards and footboards from bunk beds to build benches for my yard.
Oh, and let’s not forget my cute spring wreath from last year.
Each year I make a list of items I hope to find. Then, I adventure out and roam the town looking for those discarded items.
So far, the past years have been successful.
This year I really don’t have much of a list. I’m just going to see what I can find.
My next project could literally be right around the corner.
Wish me luck!
This week on Scrapality.com:
Now let’s see what you’ve been up to.
Welcome to another Scraptastic Saturdays. Thank you for sharing your awesomeness each week.
Don’t miss another party
Receive a weekly Scraptastic Saturday email reminder in your inbox!
Highlights from last week’s party:
Grab your Scraptastic Saturday featured button for your blog.
Invite your friends to join us for Scraptastic Saturday at 8 AM Est.
Now on to the party…
Linky Party Rules & Guidelines
- Please follow scrapality.com by subscription, Facebook and/or Twitter.
- Please link back to scrapality.com by placing my button somewhere on your blog, link party page, or actual post. If you prefer to use a text link, that’s fine too.
- Link any project made by YOU (DIY, recipes, crafts, tips, tricks)
- You may link up newly posted or past projects as long as it’s new to Scrapality.com. No repeat linking. Let’s keep the party fresh!
- It’s a wonderful way to drive traffic to some old projects.
- NO give-a-ways, Etsy shop listings, or Linky Parties unless you begin the party with a new project.
- Spread some love to other party quests by visiting and commenting.
- By linking up, you are giving Scrapality.com permission to feature your projects (with proper credit) and possible use in future roundups here at Scrapality.com.
- Items linked up will be shared to Scrapality FB Page, Twitter and Scraptastic Saturday Pinterest Board.