Having the perfectly organized house is everyone’s dream that is rarely achieved as people have little time or no idea of how to hack it. That said; it is easy to have things in place and create much-needed serenity in your abode with 10 simple strategies to a beautifully organized home:
- The first step to an organized space is moving everything out of a room so you have a clean slate to work with. That way, you can toss, donate and keep only what is needed in your space. Home organizing experts agree that the less stuff you have, the easier it is to keep it neat.
- Wine racks are a cost-effective way to transform your bathroom space. Rolled up towels fit in there as well as the wine bottles and are a nice organizing strategy away from the usual hook or rod.
- Drawers are an essential home organizing tool that could hold everything from your underwear to cutlery. To optimize space in a drawer, use shoe organizers to create compartments for your small items. You could also have a magnetic strip in there to keep runaway items in place. If you have time to go shopping, look for adjustable drawer dividers that can help you organize items better.
- If you have a shelf in your home, use it to hold magazines, books, collectibles, and stationery. Small items can be placed in a wicker or wire basket and you can place a few framed pictures on the shelf to liven things up in your space. Shelving is appropriate for any room; in the garage, shelving may be used for tools and the same could work in the kitchen pantry.
- Storage containers come in different shapes and sizes so you can store items that would otherwise clutter the house. Square-shaped ones can go in the home office to hold files; round collapsible containers can hold food in the fridge or pantry while some can be used to hold excess toys in your children’s room. There are as many uses for a storage container as you may think up so it is useful to have a few empty ones on hand just in case. Instead of going to the store to buy containers, do the environment a favor by repurposing. Various food items are sold in plastic containers that once empty, may be used to hold jewelry, buttons, paper clips or some clothes if they are big enough.
- Umbrellas can really cramp your home’s décor if left lying around in corners. What you need is a wire basket where umbrellas can stand without getting damaged. If you haven’t got time to make your own or go shopping for one, use an old bucket to hold the entire family’s umbrellas.
- The closet is often an organizers nightmare as nobody ever seems ready to throw out their stuff. FreedomRail provides an adjustable storage system that will certainly help you get things in order. More steel in its structure means it can hold more items in your closet. Depending on how it is placed, FreedomRail storage units can be used for clothes, shoes and just about anything that should be in the closet. If not for the closet, this special rail may be used to organize the kitchen or bathroom.
- Keeping the kitchen organized can be extremely difficult even with sufficient cabinets. What you need most in this space are racks, organizers, and hooks to help you optimize the space. Racks can hold anything from spices to water bottles, while the hooks will help you create room for pots and pans.
- Clothes that are rarely used could be folded in a storage container to save some closet space. If possible you can even donate some items to make sure that there is ample to organize your closet more effectively.
- Toys could easily turn your home into a clutter trove. The easiest thing would be to have a storage container that will accommodate everything but that might turn chaotic when your kids need to access them. A cabinet or shelf is a better way to store toys for easy access. Teach your children to take out only what they need and return everything once play time is over.
Author: Paul Birung