Self-storage is an industry where storage space commonly known as storage units are given on rent basis to tenants usually for a short term. These facilities usually rent the space both to individuals as well as business. Some facilities also offer boxes, locks and other packing materials for the safety of the goods. Space is usually well secured by the tenant and kept under lock and key and thus completely safe from any kind of theft or misplacement.
Advantages of storage space for business
Self-storage is one of the mandatory fields to look in to for any kind of business. It is cost effective and one of the most secure ways of meeting the business needs. The common advantages of using this kind of storage facilities in business are explained below.
- In a growing business, security is one of the essential things to look in to. Thus, it is essential to hire some storage space with the leading technology and highest security. Here the goods would remain under lock and key. Other than that, most of the storage spaces have 24 hours CCTV surveillance. The rooms usually have individual alarms which would relieve you from the fear of intruders. They are usually secured with gated entry, exterior lighting which increases the visibility, security guards and access to limited individuals for a limited time.
- These storage spaces are usually made obeying the fire norms and have an added insurance cover in case any of the stored items are misplaced or damaged.
- These storage spaces can be used as an alternative storage space in case of any emergencies such as storm, fire or any other calamities.
- Storing the access documents in a different place would allow you to keep the office space clean. The old document, paperwork, audit details, files and other important paperwork which are not used regularly but are important documents and cannot be disposed of for at least a decade are one of the common things that can be kept in the storage space.
- These storage spaces offer free transport for carrying the essentials to and fro from the office. It is much cheaper to hire a different place for the excess documents than to increase the area in the office premises. The monthly rental of hiring these places is much nominal compared to other available options.
- These storage areas usually do not have any kind of lease or contract. Here the items can be stored if you wish and can be left at any time. Space can also be increased or decreased at any time without going through any agreement.
Advantages of storage space for the homemakers
Self-storage is also quite advantageous for the homeowners as well. The common advantages are explained below.
- This type of storage unit would allow the homeowner to access their valuable belongings anytime. It would allow saving the valuable space within the house premises.
- These units are completely safe from intruders. They are treated as private personal property and are only accessible by the one renting it. These spaces have keypad access for improved safety and security.
- These spaces can be used for storing large properties such as furniture, vintage car or even boats. It is impossible to store these items within the home. In this situation, these storage spaces are the best alternative. Storing these items in a separate area would clear up a lot of space in the house. It would also protect them from dust, debris, and environmental hazards. Also, prized possessions, paintings, important documents and other valuable things can easily be kept in these storage spaces.
Author: Amelie Lawrence