A roof is the main necessity that a house needs, for it is the first line to protect your home from the harmful weather and changes in the circulation of time. Homeowners rarely think about the small things that need repair until something goes wrong. Small roofing issue that you notice can be a disaster if not acknowledge a quick repair. Knowing the problem is easy in the pan but solving and knowing the cause of the damage is somewhat crucial. Knowing how to identify a few common problems will let you know whether it’s time to call a professional.
Every detail on your house matters, the investment that you spent as a homeowner is a cause. But seeing that your house might suffer pricy repair and restorations, this may cause evident spending of money through something that is not properly maintained. Here are the most common roofing problems and suitable repair to maintain your roof:
- Leaky Roof – Having a small or large amount of leak on your roof is the most common roof problem that every household has. Spotting the earliest sign of leakage through seeing water stains through the ceiling or in the corners of your wall is not just a minor damage, know that the exterior is also affected by the damage. The better solution to eliminate this kind of damage is to consult professional immediately, prevention is always better than cure and is wise to let your roof be examined once a year is a must because it eliminates future damages that your house may experience.
- Standing Water – Stagnant water on your roof creates a lot of problems when not taken full attention in repair. Despite the fact that branch debris and shingles may be blocking the HVAC system, if water is stuck on your roof water contamination may occur, which results to mosquitos laying eggs on that area and transfer diseases on your household. To avoid such complications, having a swift check on your roof if there are debris stuck can help, but if the roof is too delicate for you to check better consult a contractor to make sure underlying issues are addressed.
- Moss on Roof – If your house is located in a cool, moist climate, and is shaded evidently, moss may occur on your roof. It does not make your house look old, but it also creates vulnerability on your roof for it accumulates weight and water retention. Most homeowners think that spraying water can solve the problem, but it is wise to consult a pro because they advise spraying a special cleaning solution to permanently remove the moss from your roof.
- Improper Ventilation – Proper ventilation affects the circulation of air inside your house. But some houses do lack the space to have possible vents on their roofs. To have an accessible roof for ventilation, better hire a contractor that bests recommends what renovation is appropriate for your house.
- Shingle Deterioration – The extreme weather affects the vulnerability of your roof; the shingles may detach to your roof. When the time comes that your roof needs replacement, this may be not a DIY thing that you could do, contacting a contractor may help you to maintain your roof.
The best way to repair a roof is by anticipating the problem before it happens. Some might say that it’s a little too much, but as a homeowner, it is your responsibility to take care and maintain the safety of your roof. To learn more about the most common roofing problems and how to solve them, please check the infographic below by All County Exteriors.