Himalayan salt crystal lamps are one of those secrets that most people are unaware of. These crystal lamps work as natural air purifiers and mood enhancers. Once lit, these lamps produce negative ions that naturally refresh the air while and at the same time emitting a soft, beautiful natural glow that makes any room feel welcome. If you have ever been to a beach or smelled the air after rain, then you have experienced adverse ionization.
A sense of harmony, balance, and peace comes from this natural light. Our health is affected by the air we breathe, the foods we eat, the water we drink, and the light we are surrounded by. These lamps will help you concentrate better, improve your mood and relax. Stress is one of those silent killers, and anything that can help relieve stress will undoubtedly prolong life. Himalayan crystal salt lamps are one of those products that are at the top of the list about health and wellness.
Much purer than sea salt, the lamp combines sublime flavor from the ancient sea with rich minerals which include calcium, potassium, magnesium, copper, and iron.
They are ideally suited for daily use in both the house and workplace. The lamp will minimize the effects of the electromagnetic radiation that bombards us daily from things like microwave ovens, TVs, mobile phones and the whole array of electronic gadgets that most of us possess. They improve the beauty of the surroundings of your work area, improve your concentration and refresh you by neutralizing the effects of an artificial environment. While most ionizers on the market are human-made machines, the Himalayan Salt Lamp is a beautiful alternative to Mother Nature, silent and ozone-free.
Salt lamps are natural relaxation tools made from thousand years’ old salt. They are made from various colored salt rock crystals like violet, orange, and white that has stripes, colors, and textures. These lamps emit healthy amounts of negative ions when heated, and it is these negative ions that are responsible for the many salt lamp benefits.
Now, let’s look at some of the benefits
- They are natural ionizers; they filter the air in a room by charging the room with heavily negative ions. This method is purification is the same as houseplants, rain and sea air. The salt derives from the dried ocean beds from Poland, Iran, and the Himalayas.
- Crystal salt is pure and unrefined containing large amounts of trace minerals. The crystals are typically red, orange or pink in color. Lamps are either crystals in a cut or polished form, or in a rough and natural state. Each piece of crystal is indented and fitted with a candle holder or a bulb.
- However, a salt lamp may be the most important lamp you can have in the home. Why is this so? It improves the health and wellness of everyone living in the household; it is known for its air-cleansing ability aside from its aesthetics.
- Placing the lamps close to your workstation or your computer, assists in reducing electromagnetic field (EMF) effects emitted by electronic devices such as computer monitors. The energy emitted from EMF’s is associated with increased fatigue and a lack of concentration. It is also connected to headaches, depression and a weak immune system.
- Negative ions assist in improving overall health, and they are said to rid the air of dust, bacteria, allergens, smoke and other baneful particles.
- Another benefit is to place a lamp in an area of the home such as a family room or passageway since they produce calming and tranquil effects.
- Salt Lamps are also helpful in a therapeutic environment such as a massage room as they are known to help with relaxation. You can also use a salt lamp for meditation, as they assist in taking the mind into a deeper and more tranquil state.
- These negative ions are produced when a heated candle mingles with the salt crystals, and help purify the air while improving healing and focus. This is why salt lamps make great night lamps that enhance sound sleep through the clean and healthy atmosphere it creates in the room.
- They’re also great for use in the workplace as they help improve concentration while minimizing stress and fatigue. Besides these direct health benefits, if placed in a workplace, they help at reducing the radiation emitted by office equipment, especially from computer monitors.
- They are effective in relieving the effects of artificial lights. They are popular in hospitals and clinical environments like waiting rooms as they help create a sense of calm and comfort in the room it is placed and thus reduces stress.
- They are as well useful in bars, casinos, clubs, coffee shops and basically any public place where there is a lot of smoking and cigarette smoke as they help reduce the residue of lingering smoke. In fact, these lamps do not only emit healthy negative ions, but they also absorb the positive ions that cigarette smoke creates.
- An extra addition to salt lamp benefits is its use in color therapy or chromotherapy where the light’s soothing effect helps calm down people with insomnia or neurotic disorders. They also help allergy sufferers as it keeps the air around them safe, clean and naturally ionized.
With numerous salt lamp benefits, it is no wonder salt lamps are used to restore and maintain natural air and thus induce wellness and relaxation. They are the lamps you are searching for to create a relaxed ambiance at home.
If someone were to recommend to you that they could clean your house by using a salt lamp, you would probably think that they were crazy. However should you decide to give them a chance to prove themselves, you would discover how clean your home’s air can be with the help of a Himalayan salt lamp.
Salt lamps will not only enhance the natural look of your home, but they will also encourage health and wellness through a clean environment. Also, a salt lamp not only complements the health of an individual, but it also helps in keeping other diseases and allergies at bay. For an easy and inexpensive way of boosting the health of your family, try lighting a salt lamp.
Author: Flying Spurr