You’re thinking of using your garage not just for your vehicle – you’re considering to use it as a storage space since some of your belongings can no longer fit inside the house. However, upon assessing your garage, you think that the room is just enough for a single vehicle and using it as a storage space might not be feasible. The room can no longer accommodate another piece of furniture because if you have one, you won’t have enough room to move around. You don’t have to fret because there are several ways on how you improve storage space in your garage; you can start by following these tips:
- Store more on walls: Who says all of your stuff should be on the floor? You can make use of your walls as your storage space too! If you have old shoes, use a molding on a wall to hang it. If you have a collection of books to store, look for pipes and plywood to create your three-tier wall shelf. There are many ways on how you can use your walls as your storage space, you just have to be creative about it!
- Don’t waste the high space: Aside from the walls, your ceiling can also be a very good place to store unused items. You can add cabinets to the ceiling or deep shelving. These are usually available in your hardware store and comes in a variety of designs.
- Add outdoor storage: Check your garage if there are any tools which are suited to be placed outside. Your gardening tools, for example, won’t be damaged if they’re properly stored outside of the garage. You can store all of these in a cabinet you’ll make or buy. Once you have one, you’ll not only save storage space in the garage but it’ll also be more convenient for you to get a hold of these tools once you need them.
- Designate space: Just because you have room to store all your unused stuff, doesn’t mean you have to throw everything in there. You should always have a system on how to store things so whenever you need them, it’ll be easier to find what you’re looking for. You can start by storing your car tools in one area and then your golf clubs in another. Or you can organize it based on the items you frequently use down to the least used items.
- Say goodbye: Almost everyone has several items which they no longer use but are too sentimental to get rid of. But if you’re determined to improve your storage space, you should have the will to do it. Schedule one weekend with your family and check items which you no longer need. If there are any, sell these or give them to charity. For sure, all of the stuff that you’ll let go will add space to your garage!
Most often than not, the size of your garage door also has a role in the storage space in your garage. If you’re looking to upgrade your garage to make more storage space, Amarr Garage Doors might help you.
Aside from using your garage for your vehicle, it can also be used as a storage space regardless of how small it might look like. As long as you know how to improve your storage space and consistently maintain it, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of your garage in more ways than one!
George is a specialist when it comes to garage doors. Working in the industry for over 20+ years he takes pride in helping his clients fulfill their needs when it comes to garage construction. In his spare time, he loves spending time with his family.