Gone are the days when a home can only be decorated with one type of lighting fixture; today, you can easily purchase different lighting fixtures. This means that no matter what theme, ambiance or architecture your home has, there’ll always be a lighting fixture which can work perfectly. And among the different types of lighting fixtures, pendant lights seem to be one of the most preferred choices by many homeowners – and with the long list of benefits pendant lights can provide, it’s easy to see why. Aside from giving light to any space, pendant lights are also perfect for illuminating areas where concentrated lights are needed such as highlighting an artwork or centerpiece. Additionally, pendant lights are cheap, can be hung at any height and doesn’t take up valuable table space. Pendant lights can basically benefit you and your home in more ways than one!
Pendant lights come in tens of thousands of different options. There are many styles, themes and finishes to choose from. And while this variety allows you to have options, this can also be the same reason why you’d have a hard time in buying a pendant light that matches your home – you’d be overwhelmed with the options available! To make this process easier for you, consider the buying tips listed below for bedroom pendant lights or lights for any other room:
- Assess the room, its size and how lights are used: First things first. You should be able to determine the size of the room where you’re planning to use pendant lights. If you’re eyeing to add a pendant light in your bedroom or hallway, take note of the sizes of these areas. This will help you narrow down your search since you’ll already have an idea of the kind of pendant light to look for. Pendant lights which are hung lower from the ceiling work best for bedrooms while pendant lights with concentrated lighting can be suitable for hallways.
- Consider going minimal: Deciding which pendant light to use in different rooms can become a challenge. Most often than not, you’d want one type of pendant light in your living room and then another type in your dining room. If you want to save yourself from unwanted stress, consider using one type of pendant light in all of your rooms. There are many pendant lights which come in neutral colors, making these excellent options if you want to go with a minimalist look in your lighting fixtures and home decors.
- Think about your children: If you have children at home, you might also consider having your pendant lights child-friendly. If you’re planning to add pendant lights in your children’s room, pick ones which delicately diffuses the light for a soft illumination especially if your children can’t sleep without any lights on.
- Efficiency is key: Pendant lights are great decorative pieces. However, the aesthetics of these lights shouldn’t be your sole deciding factor – you should also think about the efficiency of the light bulbs too. If possible, opt to use pendant lights which use light bulbs which are energy-efficient and durable. These might be a little expensive than ordinary light bulbs, but if you’re able to use this long-term without sacrificing the safety of your family, you’re making a smart investment.
- Decide if you’ll coordinate or not: With the variety of pendant lights available today, you can have the option of picking ones which are either complementing or contrasting to the overall design of the room. If your bedroom has a contemporary look, you can choose pendant lights which goes well with this design. On the other side of the coin, you can also use a pendant light which has an industrial finish and use this to become the focal point of the room.
- Have a budget: Having a home which effectively uses pendant lights but requires you to break the bank isn’t the best way to go. As early as possible, come up with a budget and discipline yourself to stick to this amount. Don’t compromise the money allocated in other things as this can only do more harm than good in the long run. Pendant lights come in a wide variety, so you’ll easily find ones which suits your budget.
Careful Decisions First
The pendant lights you choose to use in your home, along with other decors, can make or break the mood you want to set in a room. If you choose a pendant light which creates a soft glow, the room can be very cozy which makes this a perfect spot to have deep conversations with your friends. Similarly, pendant lights can also be used as the general lighting of a room to maximize visibility. Undeniably, pendant lights are versatile lighting fixtures. But for you to experience the full extent of its benefits, carefully pick one which matches your home by using this article as your resource. These steps can go a very long way in your pendant lighting search!