Please welcome guest writer, Harry Caesar.
How To Build Cheap Garden Sheds For Your Home?
If you have planted small flower beds and saplings in your garden, then investing in cheap garden sheds can protect your plants from sun, rain, heat and dust. For these very reasons, the gardeners that are serious about their job consider building cheap garden sheds in their backyard. Planting seeds and making sure that they grow in an apt environment needs something more than just a few seeds. Choosing steel or wooden sheds with trimmed arch-shaped doors can help you to build the shed in your garden.
- At the same time, you can think of one other option; that is to design your own layout after buying the kit for building up a garden shade.
- If you do not have any idea about the DIY techniques to build the best garden sheds, then you can hire the professionals regarding the shape, size and the color of the sheds. Options To Build The Shed
When it comes to building cheap garden sheds, two options are available to the homeowners. The options that you might come across are:
- Firstly, you can buy a kit from the manufacturers and hire a professional to build the garden shed. Here you will have to go by the design that the professional is going to propose.
How to start building the cheap garden sheds?
If the idea of perfect cheap garden sheds is one that is made up of wood, then set it up on a concrete block makes it a good option.
- Chalk out a Layout and skate the four corners of the shade. After that, dig a six inches deep hole on each of the sides and also in the center of each wall.
- You have to continue with the job by pouring crushed rock in each of the depression to a level of about four inches. Level up the crushed rocks by using a hand tamper. If you are working on a sloped site, then start working on the side of the uphill first.
- When you are stacking up the blocks on the downhill side, use construction adhesive to glue it together.
Adding the Floor and Walls
For the floor of cheap garden sheds, use pressure treated sill lumber for laying the flush using the outer edges of blocks. After that, you have to cut the band joists that will lie on top of the sill. The strength and the durability of the floor and the walls will keep your things protected from the natural elements. These sheds are even the best ways to keep your garden tools safe and rust-free. You can carry out the same process with walls, though there are some specifications for it like adding a vinyl window.
Building the Roofs
One of the best approaches to building the roof trusses of your cheap garden sheds is to use a jig laid in the shade of the floor or, on a piece of plywood. The roof panels tend to get heavy so you might want to gather three or more helpers to lift the section of the roof and place it in its position. Also, make sure that while placing the roof sections, the alignment is perfect along with the top of the wall.
After you are done with the installation of the exteriors, prime the windows and doors first before installing them. It will help you to fill in the nail holes before you can roll over another coat of paint. The panel siding corners and the composite fascia need only two coats of the paint to finish the job.