Welcome today’s guest writer, Zac Ferry.
Give The Room a Timeless, Classic Look with Antique Wood Floors
As the name itself suggests, antique wood floors give your home a timeless and classical appeal. There are different varieties of woods and timbers which are there, and you can choose from pine, oak, chestnut, heart pine, hemlock and maple, ash and birch so that you get the best wood varieties for your home and office. There are some high-quality retailers who sell the wooden and antique varieties of wood floor, and they also send installation professionals to your home, so that the wood can be installed and maintained very well for all the year around.
Listed Below Are Some of the Advantages of the Antique Wood Floor:
- It does not require additional cleaning and maintenance and is quite affordable, unlike the other hard floor varieties.
- It is known for its eco-friendly status as it comes from the old flooring; thus the process of recycling exists here.
- It offers a rich and a classic look and gives the room a rustic and a traditional feel.
- It helps in increasing the value of the house if a resale is considered.
- It can be used to make hardwood flooring, decks, countertops, tables, wall paneling, shelves, cabinets etc.
- It is much more durable and sturdy compared to the virgin wood because it is often matured.
- It is also obtainable from certain sources in an engineered form. This enables installing the floor in areas where rock-solid wood cannot fit in, such as an underground room. An upper surface of the antique wood is coated in the same way as contemporary engineered hardwood floor.
Tips On How to Care for The Antique Wood Floor:
Like the regular wooden floors; the antique or the reclaimed wooden floors require extra care and maintenance to keep them good looking and new. Some of the points are mentioned below:
- Vacuum daily as this keeps the floor free from dust and dirt.
- Do not allow spills to stand, wipe it off immediately.
- Do not use harsh chemicals to clean the floors, a mild cleaning solution can be used to mop.
It Is Important to Protect Your Furniture from The Direct Rays of the Sun:
It is important to keep your furniture protected from direct sunlight and so for that, you need blinds and curtains of high quality to keep your antique furniture safe. At the same time, it is also very important to maintain the surface of the floor by not using chemicals of any kind. But at the same time, they should also be allowed to dry so that stains do not develop on the floor surface.
- Do not drag furniture when moving instead lift them to move. Pad the legs of the chairs and other items that could damage the flooring.
- If pets and kids are there use protectors on the floor to prevent the wood from getting scratched.
- Change the position of the furniture every alternate month to a different place as otherwise, it may cause dents on the floor.
- Prevent damp cleaning the areas where the finish is fragmented or broken to avoid dampening the wood and causing it to swell.
By following these simple steps, the floor will retain its beauty and grace for many years to come. The care and maintenance for antique wood flooring vary depending on what type of wood the floor is made out of, and what kind of protective finish the floor has. But since antique floors are usually old, one needs to handle them with care.
Thus, it can be concluded by stating that by placing antique floors in the home, one can add a certain touch of classic beauty that no other flooring options can offer.