Please welcome today’s guest writer, Joseph Webb.
Top 5 Benefits for Bathroom Benchtops
Choosing bathroom Benchtops cannot be done in a day as you are aware that it is as important as the rest of the house. You need to give yourself some time and make an effort to do a thorough research before you opt for a specific bathroom Benchtops. There are multiple tips to consider before you decide on a specific benchtop for your bathroom. Each factor to be considered is important so that your decision of a specific benchtop works out right in the long run.
#5 Benefits of Bathroom Benchtops:
This is the first factor to be considered as this can help you narrow down your research. Measurement of the bathroom is required along with the dimensions of the area you need the benchtop for. Though the depth and width might work out ‘constant’ you can think of adjustment in the height.
- Overall Depth: For a bathroom which is narrow you need to look for a benchtop which has a smaller depth. You need to consider any interference like storage drawers, shower doors or the entryway.
- Overall Height: This is totally dependent on your preference besides any cabinet or a mirror which is installed above the specific benchtop.
- Overall Width: This includes the measurements side to side.
Maintenance considered can make it easier for you to keep the bathroom benchtops clean. Benchtops made of natural stone like granite can be cleaned quickly and are also long lasting and durable. Installing natural stone benchtops can simplify the routine of cleaning your bathroom.
3.The Number of Sinks Required:
If you have enough and more of space, you can think of two sinks instead of one. Single vanity with one sink seems perfect for small bathrooms. This can also provide additional space along with the width. Double vanities are ideal for family bathrooms or even for shared bathrooms. Here the width of the vanity should be at least 48 inches.
4.Choosing The Type of Sink:
This needs to be chosen after considering the size of the bathroom, counter space, and the benchtop style. There are three basic styles of sinks:
- Self-Rimming: This is also known as the drop-in or top-mount and is mounted in a direct manner in the opening on the counter, with the edge resting on the counter.
- Under Mount: Designed in a manner so that it is installed under the counter, this sink offers a cleaner look. This makes it easier to keep the countertop clean.
- Vessel: This sink is shaped like a bowl and is on top of the countertops without any installation required.
You can opt for the freestanding benchtop which is a popular choice among many homeowners. This looks similar to a buffet or a chest and can offer maximum space for storage. You can also opt for the corner mounted, which can help you in saving space as these have an angle at the back, which helps them fitting right into any corner. Wall mounted vanities is another option which is mounted on walls without occupying any ground space.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, you also need to pay attention to the style and color of a bathroom benchtop which can blend well with the overall look of your bathroom. Even if you have decided on natural stones, there is a wide range of colors available in these, like granite itself can be opted for in neutral color or bright shades.