Know the Benefits of Sustainable Building Structures through Waterproofing
The recent trend in both residential and commercial construction sectors, there is an increased interest in energy-saving buildings through waterproofing. The benefits range from water savings to the stewardship of environmental resources. Of course, there are questions raised if these advantages increase the costs of the buildings as compared to the conventional ones. There is a great demand for high-performance buildings in the business world. It is seen that energy-efficient buildings have water-efficient features which increase the value of the buildings. This is because it has lower operating costs. The interior waterproofing is done with an ultra-thin and cost-effective sheet membrane. It is also used for floors and walls. It is particularly designed as waterproofing application in both residential as well as commercial construction.
What are the important features?
- The waterproofing and crack isolation that is done with a sheet membrane is basically for installing a thin bed of tile made of ceramic and stone. This composite sheet is guaranteed for life as it is woven from a non-woven fiber.
- It is ideal for thin-bed shower waterproofing. It also protects the thin-set tile from cracking. The manufacturers guarantee that it will neither rot nor crack. There is no chance of deterioration of these sheet membranes.
- The floor to floor impact noise that is created walking or tapping is also reduced. The sheets that are made of an alloy of chlorinated polyethylene have their own special benefits. The non-woven fabric is laminated to both sides.
- The sheets that are used minimize the requirement to alter the heights of the doors and cabinets. The transitions between different types of flooring are simplified.
- This also saves time and money and ensures uniform thickness and quality. It is considered to be a great option for waterproofing as well as crack isolation.
- This is used to protect the thin-set tile from cracking. The stress is relieved that is caused due to the horizontal movement of the substrate. The tile patterns are also preserved with the help of bridging control joints.
- The sheet membrane that is used for waterproofing protects the tile from cracking. It also minimizes the variables that are used in workmanship.
- The manufacturers’ guarantee that the sheets that are used will not rot or crack. So it can be used over concrete and also on wood joist decks.
- The sheets are available of 3’ and 6’ width. It is translucent and can visually confirm that it can be used as coverage of thin-set.
- The attractive feature is that it is thin, flexible and light in weight. It holds a crease hence can be used for both residential and commercial purposes.
- The additional benefit is that it has a single slope to drain and can be used in larger tiles due to great design flexibility.
Uses of liquid applied waterproofing systems
There is an availability of a wide range of liquid waterproofing system. It is used for almost all types of roofs. The shapes can be either simple or small or maybe large surfaced. There may be roofs that have a complex structure with multiple details and penetrations. This system has its own merits due to the chemical composition. They are used in a full range and are perfect for quick, easy as well as cost-effective repairs. It is used for complicated renovations for roof structure or even ideally suitable for new buildings. The liquid waterproofing is used for both residential and commercial buildings. This has been developed with extensive research and experience. The product has been formulated keeping in mind the needs of the customers who live in different climatic areas. They may have requirements in accordance with specific products.
Author: Nancy Davis