Why Use Double Glazing for Your Old Windows?
One of the best decisions you can take to maintain a show of your old property with time, without disrupting the heritage, and adding some benefit like added comfort and safety is to double glaze your windows and doors with glass panes. Old timber and wooden doors and windows, in old properties, have glasses fitted on them, which can bring on a number of problems. Now you can install some double glazed window in your home and it will protect your property from the harsh climate. Apart from that, double-glazed windows can protect your window panels and they also reduce your power consumption cost.
Problems You Face with Old Style Glass Windows and Skylights
- The absence of privacy in case of clear glass as nothing happening inside stays hidden. If you draw the curtain, then the outer view and light are obstructed.
- The absence of outer view in the case of etched glass or textured glass panes.
- Total heat and glare of the sun getting inside causing heat and UV based color and quality damage to items and furnishings inside.
- Old look and style, which no more goes with the classy buildings and apartments being erected these days.
These problems can be cut off with the addition of double-glazing to your glass fittings on doors and windows, skylights etc.
Benefits of Getting Your Doors and Windows Double Glazed:
A coating of glazing is added to the door, window or skylight glass pane without altering any part of the structure, timber wood, frame etc. Not even a screw is fitted anywhere, and no scratches are also made on the frame. Only the glazed coating being added to the panel the glass gets double glazed and allows in light while acting as a mirror to outer people. You do not need to dismantle your old window and you can easily install these double gazing on your existing window frames. It will take few hours for installation and it will prevent UV rays and heat during the hottest season.
- No changes need to be made to the property in structure or shaping, and no hardwood work, cutting, molding etc is needed. It is just an external layer of coat that is strapped to the glass panes and all that changes are the appearance of the glass.
- The whole operation is a very low-cost affair, and any can afford it easily.
- The heritage and old style of the property is maintained intact. According to the law, you cannot alter or damage any heritage property, and even you do not intend to remove your heritage sash window also. In this case, double glazing is very effective and it will provide you a protective layer on your existing window.
- The outside stays completely visible while outsiders cannot see a thing of inside for the glazing. The panes work as mirrors to outsiders. It will provide you 100% privacy level. No one can see the interior of your home through these double glazing windows. These layers will also protect your old timber wooden panels from moisture, dust and harsh climate.
- No harsher sun rays and glare enters the rooms, and UV rays are also obstructed. Thus, furniture and curtains and other items inside which could have lost color and shine for the heat and UV rays stays protected.
- Noise insulation is another big benefit you enjoy. With a double-glazing, much of the noise of the house stays inside and privacy is maintained.
If you are interested in bringing this change to the property, then you can talk to a double glazing expert in your area and get quotes. The affordable solution will keep the privacy of the house intact while giving your property a nice styling and glamor.
Today’s guest writer: Justin Jersey