There are a lot of ways how you may cultivate an exciting look for your outdoor structures like the patio, the poolside, the lawn and garden, the gazebo, etc. But the one thing which looks great about it is that it fits well in your pocket, and also promises years of maintenance free durability that comes from limestone pavers. Pavers are quite much like tiles, but thicker than tiles so that when they are laid, they can establish a firm foundation to bear the weight on them. And limestone is a special stone that comes in a few qualities and is characterized by nice insulating properties and light color. Besides, there are many other reasons you would prefer limestone over other landscaping options.
Why prefer limestone for pavers?
These are the reasons you would like to use limestone to pavers:
- They are available always and at reasonable prices.
- It will not get too hot under the sun, and neither too cold in chilly nights or winters.
- It does not wear off with time and use.
- It’s heavy, and firm, and hence is a strong support.
- The natural color of the stones varies, and you have several options to choose from.
- The texture is smooth and pleasant for sitting and walking bare feet.
- Limestone is a little maintenance paving option
- It can bear weight with high strength, and hence is fit for all types of outdoor structures, and even more making building exteriors and walls.
- The stone has great density and lasts for years.
- The white efflorescence that forms over many other natural stones does not form on limestone.
- Adds brilliant value to the property
- Aesthetically pleasing,
It’s for all these reasons that many homeowners who love to add value and beauty to the property prefer limestone pavers for driveways, sidewalks, patios, lawns, and gardens, etc.
Maintenance of limestone pavers
You would be surprised to find out that limestone pavers do not demand any extra attention and cleaning. All you can do is to wash them with water, and if your area gets adequate precipitation, then the rain will do this job frequently. In case you see mosses growing somewhere, or other sediment deposits, mud stains, etc., you may simply scrub that portion with a semi-hard brush. Sometimes using alkaline water with some bleach or ammonia helps you bring back the light shine of the pavers.
Where to buy your limestone pavers?
To buy pavers, you may find a supplier who is local. The pavers are heavy due to the high density of the stone. Hence the longer they are transferred, the higher you will be charged for the transport. Another way is to find a supplier online, who will not charge exorbitantly, but a fixed price for the delivery. Limestone has a few qualities, and come in quite a few natural colors. Your supplier must be able to give you a choice of at least three colors so that you never get this feeling that you bought what you got out of compulsion.
What else do you need along with the pavers?
You would also need a good architect to help you make the best use of the limestone pavers so that your investment shows you great results. Not all construction contractors are equipped and experienced to handle the smart looking heavy pavers in the right way. To minimize the chances of damage and bad fittings, talk to one, who did work on limestone. You can find recommendations for good limestone workers from your paver supplier too if they are a local company. The right setting will turn the look of your property to bright and classy.
Author: Lara Buck