The diamond ring is something very special more if it is an engagement ring. The ring, of course, may get damaged due to various reasons like an accident or simple wear and tear. It is not something that can be taken lightly. This has definitely a sentimental value and the huge amount of money is involved with it. The ring is worth for precautions to be taken and a proper mending has to be done as soon as possible.
The same jeweler who has created it should ideally do the diamond ring repair. This is because they are familiar with the design and the pattern of the ring. They are the only ones who will actually care for the valuable pieces. If that is not possible, then the choice of jeweler should be done carefully. The Proper investigation has to be done before you are entrusting the ring for repair work. The jeweler should have ample years of experience and that too with a special metal. There are of course different types of ring repairs.
What are the different repairs?
Jewelry is something loved by all. However, it may happen that it loses its original shine and requires a repair. It is the same case with any other diamond ring. They are delicate creations with intricate details. The delicate designs are mainly done either on the band as well as on the setting. These two areas are constantly under stress. Hence, diamond ring repair is a must. The diamond ring repair is done to restore the fresh look of the jewelry. The cost will, of course, depend upon the material and the condition of the ring is brought to the jeweler.
- Diamond is considered one of the hardest substances. They are not impervious whereas, the other gemstones are softer than diamonds. The damages are usually small scratches that can be polished away. The flaw created can be repaired with either filling or coating. Since it is a difficult task, the tone can be replaced. The jeweler saves the remnants of the original stone in order to create a ring wrap so that the ring can be upgraded. Click here.
- The setting that is done on the diamond ring is the one that gets damaged frequently. The common settings are known as Tiffany and prong settings are prone to warping, twisting, and shifting. This can loosen the stones easily.
- In case, the diamond ring repair is minor, then the setting can be repositioned to make it secure. However, in other cases, there has to be a complete replacement with durable metal and thicker prongs such as platinum.
- If the setting is intricate, it is more prone to damage. They usually lose the small accent stone and this happens mostly with pave setting rings. Here, the stones coat the band and it is designed in such a way that does not give maximum security.
- The other type of design is the antique rings in which the settings gets frequently damaged. This is due to the difference in craftsmanship and the durability of the metal. Hence, it needs repair, as it is not as strong as the modern rings.
How to prevent loose diamond?
One can inspect the small diamonds and the setting with the help of a pin or a sewing needle. If the stones are loose, you can feel the movement. Precautions are needed more in case of pave settings. The loosening usually happens if the size of the ring is beyond a particular size. The diamonds can technically wear the prongs in the setting but it can be repaired for free of cost in the stores, as a part of the warranty.
Author: Amelie Lawrence