Nowadays every shop owner is modernizing their store with top-notch equipment, and automatic sliding gates are most commonly used by them. These modern gates not only rave-up the outlook of your shop but also increase the security of the store.
The functioning of this gate is quite simple, and they are powered by an electric motor that pushes the gate on the track. However, it might seem inconvenient to install an automatic sliding gate in your shop by yourself, but if you follow specific steps then you can comfortably fit them right.
For the installation process, you just need to buy certain materials and tools which will help you complete the task successfully. However, you might find some of the tools in your toolbox, or you can borrow them from your friend.
Apart from the motor, there is no difference in the installation process of automatic sliding gates. If you feel confused, you can hire a professional for the motor installation. It is always advisable to opt for sliding gates that are equipped with a motor as some brands sell their motor separately.
The Process of Installing Automatic Sliding Gates by Yourself
Before you start the installation process, you need cement, hard bolt, wheel housing, post, bracket, sand, mooring point, receiver post, and v-groove wheel. You will also need a back frame, slider guide platform, slider guide, rack and guide v-track. The other tools which you will need are the string, spade, measuring tape, leveler, screwdriver, hammer, etc. The following points will adequately guide the installation:
- At first, you need to devise a proper plan which will serve as a blueprint for the whole project. Then you need to choose the area where you will install the post for the gate and adequately measure the area with measuring tape. You should properly measure the height and width of the gate. You should also remember that the gate will overlap the receiver post, so you need to measure accordingly. Then measure the area of the track which will provide support to the motored gate.
- After this, mark the position for holes in the track, and every hole should be eight inches apart. Then drill the holes with the help of driller and place the primer on the track so that the track does not face any rust.
- After making the holes, place the track on the ground properly, and it should be parallel to the top portion of the gate. Then mark the whole position on the ground and then drill those areas. You should properly remove the dust to ensure that you are getting the right size.
- Then it is the time to install the motor on the track, and these motors can be easily mounted because they come preloaded with the base plate. During installation, you should take that the first set of the rack should have 1 mm distance with the opinion. Then properly secure the track to the gate and slowly move the gate to 800 mm. Then place the second set of rack accordingly, and it should be appropriately mapped with the opinion.
- Now in this final stage, you have to wire the motor to the power unit, and you should evaluate the connection. Exit Want should be adequately placed; otherwise, it would not properly detect any metal body. You should adjust the sensitivity of the electromagnetic device depending upon the frequency of the crowd. For the wiring purpose, you can call the experts because they will help you in wiring the motor and the sensor in a proper manner.
Apart from that the installation process automatic sliding gates is quite simple and takes only one day to complete.
Author: Ashley Kinsela