With social media marketing being the big deal that it is, you need to make sure that you have a strategy for taking your business to the top using these platforms. One platform that has been ignored for some time by several businesses is Instagram. With about 500 million users, ignoring it is really to your own detriment. There is a number of Instagram features that can help you market your business really well. Here they are:
- Edit geo-tags – Now that you can post content on the go, you need to make sure that the geotags on the pictures you put up are for your business and not necessarily where you are at the time. Being able to edit the tags means that you can remove those that are not helpful to the business. Do this with all your pictures and videos, ensuring that the geo-tags used are for the right location.
- Instagram stories – This is a feature that allows you to add either live videos or photos. However, they only stay on your profile for twenty-four hours before they disappear. It is important to note that you can only use this feature in the app, but you can use it to market your products and route traffic to your website. Within your stories, you are able to do some direct messaging which works really well for businesses because you can create ads.
- Maximize the Instagram algorithm – If you have excellent engagement, you will find that this algorithm works in your favor. Basically, the people that you engage with frequently have their posts appear at the very top of your news feed and vice versa. Engaging your audience with excellent content means that your Instagram followers will have your content show up at the top of their feed. The more they like your content and share it, the more your brand enjoys greater visibility and awareness.
- Leverage push notifications – This feature is not overt on Instagram and is only available for those with the app or use Task Ant to manage. By turning on ‘post notifications’, your followers are notified every time you post new content. This will work for you as a business, but you will need to sell the idea to your followers on Instagram. Using this feature, you are able to let them know when you are launching a new product, have a sale or a promotion coming up, and more. By adding a link to your website with every post, you can also direct traffic there.
- Filter management – Instagram has many different filters and you need to select those that show your content to its best advantage. That said, it is important to maintain the same recognizable style with all your pictures and videos. If selecting the best filters is not your thing, be sure to have someone conversant with this type of thing to help you select the filters that work best, then all you have to do is click on the best one.
With these 5 tips, you have a place to begin so be sure to leverage these features to take your Instagram marketing to the next level.
Bio: Harris is a leading blog writer and content marketing professional with thousands of real Instagram followers for his postings.