The world is getting smaller. With a drop of a hat, one can talk to another person who is at the opposite end of the globe. Doing business can now be done from home while communicating with colleagues in another country in real time. This is because of the advancement of telecommunications and the internet.
However, to do business from home or anywhere, one needs access to a strong cellular signal. With so many people relying on data coverage, the signal can be inconsistent, leading to dropped calls, slower internet speeds, and more.
Cell signal boosters are devices that, as the name suggests, amplify cellular signal within their coverage area. These devices work by receiving a signal from a cellular tower and distributing the signal in the area that has a weak signal.
Do Cell Signal Boosters Actually Work?
Yes, they do work. Cell signal boosters use the same principles used by car radios. A car radio collects the signal through its antenna, amplifies it, and retransmits the signals inside the car. Although a cell phone signal is on a spectrum different from that of an FM radio, a cell signal booster uses the same technology.
Cell signal boosters in the United States are certified by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). So make sure to only purchase cell signal boosters that are FCC certified or IC certified (for Canada).
Simple Steps to Boost Signal inside Your Home
Some parts of the house have weaker cell signals. These parts are called black spots. Because cell signal travels in the air, there are many obstructions that can weaken the signal before it reaches a person’s cell phone. Some of these obstacles can be the walls, buildings, windows, and so on.
Here are some very simple steps to get better cell reception inside the home.
- Stay still. When you keep on moving around the house, your phone and the network have to adjust for your location. When you are stationary, your phone will have an easier and faster time getting hold of a strong signal.
- Don’t block the internal antenna of your phone. Try holding your phone upright when texting, calling, or browsing the internet. If you have a phone case, remove it and see the reception improve.
- Keep the phone battery up. Your phone needs the power to catch the cell signal. When your phone battery is low, it will have a weaker hold on the cell signal.
- Switch carriers with caution. Sometimes, networks have weaker coverage in certain areas. Make sure to research and find the carrier that has better coverage in your address.
- Cell phone signal booster. As long as there is a signal outside your house, cell phone signal boosters will boost the signal and rebroadcast it inside your home.
Perfect Boosters for Home Use
There are many cell phone signal boosters that one can choose from. However, they are not equally made. To get the perfect booster for your home, you have to consider different factors:
- The size of your home. Cell phone signal boosters have a limited coverage area. Some can cover up to five thousand square feet; others can cover only less.
- Supported carriers. Make sure that the booster you select supports the network carrier that you are currently subscribed.
- Superb quality. Only use certified cell phone signal boosters, such as the weBoost 4G. All weBoost 4G cell signal boosters are FCC and IC certified and are known for their quality.
By following these easy steps and with the help of a cell signal booster, every room and corner of your home will have a strong and high-quality cell signal reception.
Author: Howard Moore