The bathroom of an old house is the first place to become dull and shabby in appearance, due to the rapid uses of water and chemicals here, as part of the household chores. The poor condition of the bathroom can cause the colors of the walls and floor tiles to fade, malfunctioning of the taps, the expiry of the showerheads, cracked toilet seats and damaged vanities. The idea of bathroom renovations is the best way to make the spaces attractive and functional again. There are numbers of benefits that inspire the house owners for the required renovations of their bathrooms.
Primary reasons that intrigue the homeowners for bathroom renovations
- Enhancement of resale value – When a house is put up for sale, the potential buyers like to check the present condition of its bathroom before finalizing the deal. A nicely renovated bathroom can greatly influence the choice of the buyers when they look at all the aspects of a building before buying it. Hence, the house owners can easily expect a certain higher rate of the resale value for their properties, if they invest in bathroom renovations in a timely manner.
- Enhances the look of the bathrooms – Renovated bathrooms can be made attractive and the family members may simply love to visit the bathroom, whenever needed. The beautifully upgraded look of the bathroom also earns compliments from the guests, due to the upgraded new features that beautify this space.
- Ensure better safety at bathroom – If wide cracks are seen on the tiles of the walls and floor of an old bathroom, or the plumbing fixtures become unstable; the residents face the major risk of accidents. The repairs or replacements of these damaged parts can make the bathroom a much safer place for the whole family. The new installation of better quality shower screen or special slip-resistant tiles on the floor also ensures greater safety within the spaces.
- Energy-efficient – Normally, a lot of electrical energy is needed for using different appliances and lighting arrangements in a bathroom. This energy expense may be increased due to the old and malfunctioning geysers and exhaust fans, which can be rectified by the installation of new appliances of latest models that are more rated to be highly energy efficient. The house owner may replace the old light bulbs or tubes in the bathroom, with the more energy-saving LED or CFL lamps. The new technological designs of taps and showerheads help in reducing the usage of water and thus, saving this natural resource.
- Increase storage space in the bathroom – The layout designs of modern bathrooms allow the installations of more cabinets and open shelves, where all the toiletries and cleaning materials can be stored comfortably. These stylish designs of the vanities and storage cabinets make the bathrooms look more attractive. Moreover, all these chemical products can be safely kept out of the reach of the children and also make the bathroom look cleaner.
- Provide more comfort through the latest amenities – The addition of the bathtubs of latest design or the Jacuzzi make people enjoy their time in the bathroom. The modern geysers and many other amenities are added as beneficial, functional features during the bathroom renovations and ensure maximum comfort for the users.
Therefore, the renovations of the bathrooms are considered high-priority tasks for the house owners. They may choose the amenities that will help in making the bathroom more functional. They can also discuss their budget with the service providers and expect the job to be done within the monetary constraints. An efficient interior designer may help in this regard to getting a well-renovated bathroom.
Author: Olivia Wilson