Setting up an at-home business is a great option for those that choose to stay at home with their children. After all, the flexibility an at-home job provides, and the extra cash that it generates is well worth the effort.
Take a look at these great stay-at-home mom business ideas and see if you can’t find a way to stay home to take care of your kiddos while earning some extra cash on the side too.
1. Sell Online
With eCommerce transactions on the rise, the idea of selling a product online is highly appealing. In fact, it’s estimated that 2018 will bring in nearly $2.8 billion dollars in eCommerce sales. And, with a little research and initiative, you can get in on these sales and start making lots of money.
- Buy things in bulk for low prices and resell them for a profit
- Try your hand at marketing strategy like inbound closer.
- Use your talents to make crafts and sell them on platforms like Etsy and eBay
- Use the Fulfillment by Amazon service to sell items and let Amazon ship it for you
- Create your own website using WordPress and WooCommerce to prevent eCommerce fraud while selling me products or services.
Lastly, for those that like to attend trade shows, farmer’s markets, and conferences make sure to invest in the best POS system around so you can take your sales on the go.
2. Start a Blog
Another great way to tap into the stay at home business concept is to start a blog. Creating a website and writing about your passions is easy to do. And there are always people around that share your interests.
But the great thing about blogging is that you can monetize your website so you aren’t just writing as a hobby:
- Sell products and services using an eCommerce platform
- Start an affiliate program and get others to make money for you
- Sell ad space on your site to those looking for places to out their online ads
- Offer to coach, sell online courses or your writing services
The possibilities are endless and require you to put in as little or as much work as you want, depending on how much money you’re looking to generate.
3. Offer Childcare
If you’re a stay-at-home mom, offering childcare for parents that have to work away from home is a perfect way to care for your children while making money too. Just make sure to look into the laws regarding home childcare so that you don’t violate any legislation and find yourself in trouble.
And the great thing is, if you’re using a mobile POS system, collecting payments from parents will be a cinch.
4. Become a Virtual Assistant
If you like the thought of performing office work from the comfort of your home, becoming a virtual assistant is a great way to make money from home.
There are many businesses looking for assistance that can take calls, manage emails, organize calendars, and facilitate content and social media scheduling for their websites.
As you can see, there are many opportunities available to those who want to make some money while working from home. So, don’t limit yourself to either being a stay-at-home mom or a career woman. After all, if you plan it right, you can be both.
Author: Cathy Habas