The moment you arrive home from work, you would immediately head to your bedroom. You consider this as your own personal space and the best area in the house to relax. Everything you can possibly need after a stressful day is everything in your bedroom. You believe that the ambiance of your bedroom improves your mood and sleep. However, since you’ve been using your bedroom for years, you want to give it a makeover. You believe that with little tweaks here and there, your room can give you more benefits, much more than you’re enjoying right now. To help you turn your bedroom into something amazing, start by doing these tips below:
- Collect pillows: Your bedroom should be the coziest part of your home. You can sleep easier and better once your room is cozy, right? To achieve this look, pile on pillows against your headboard. Don’t be scared of mixing different patterns and styles with your pillow designs, too. This can give your room a burst of color. If you want to have a bigger pile, consider using the best cooling pillows.
- Add in your DIY artwork: Most of the time, bedrooms come in monochromatic colors. If you want your personality to shine in your bedroom, highlight one DIY artwork. If you love painting or have a knack for making quilts, hang these on your walls. These can be an easy and cheap solution to your “big blank wall” issue.
- Use patterns: There’s no reason to shun away from patterns when it comes to your bedroom. You can always use a printed bedspread like those which have floral designs or animal prints. You’ll be surprised how this item can drastically change how your bedroom looks.
- Incorporate prints on other accent pieces: Your love for prints shouldn’t only be used in your bedcovers. Since this is your bedroom, you can do whatever you want with it. And if you feel like a printed vase or lamp, it will look good on your side table. These will make your bedroom unique and stylish at the same time!
- Work the walls: You might think that just because your bedroom is small, you can no longer do anything about it. This is a misconception – even if your bedroom has limited space, you can still turn it into something amazing. You can start by adding adjustable lamps affixed to your walls. These items are both space-saving and functional.
- Show your personal side: Whenever you search for bedroom design ideas on the internet, you’d be bombarded with images which have aligned picture frames on the wall. And while you can always have the option to copy this idea, why not show your personal side? You can always hang art pieces on the walls just the way you want it, even if it’s a little off-center.
- Decorate with consistency: If you’re using hues of pink in your bedroom, make sure you’re using the same hues in your pillows and other decorative pieces. If you’re planning to use pastel colors, avoid using bright colors. You want your bedroom to have a clean, cohesive and consistent look all throughout.
- Reinvent your safe haven: Aside from your bed, your bedroom should have a safe haven just for you. This should be your go-to place whenever you don’t feel good or if you want to be by yourself. You can use a cushioned chair for this purpose. Place this in one corner of the room, throw in your favorite pillows in it and you’re good to go!
- Maximize your storage space: Your bedroom is where you keep your personal belongings namely your clothes, cosmetics, bags, and shoes. However, these items can disrupt the overall ambiance of your bedroom if not stored properly. Maximize your bedroom by using this as storage spaces too. You can use the walls, ceilings and even your headboard for this purpose. You can still keep a lot of things inside your bedroom regardless if it’s small, you just have to think out of the box – figuratively and literally.
- Add some greeneries: Indoor plants won’t only look good in your bedroom but these can also improve the air quality of the room and help lower background noise. If you like this idea, look for plants which can thrive indoors and ones which don’t require too much maintenance.
- Use blackout curtains: Your bedroom should be the best area for you to sleep for hours. But when bright lights hit your face during the weekends, you can never have long hours of sleep. This is why blackout curtains should be added to your bedroom. When you use a blackout curtain, you can always have the option when to let the light in.
Your Bedroom, Your Choices
Aside from providing comfort and relaxation to you, you can still do a lot of things with your bedroom. You can also use this as a space to showcase your personality, highlight your skills or come up with sound decisions. And it doesn’t matter if your bedroom is old. As long as you know how to turn it into something amazing, your bedroom can continually excite you. You can always have the option of redecorating your bedroom to whatever style you want, whenever you feel like doing it.
Author: Zoe Nielson has always had an eye for detail. Currently writing for Sensei Reviews, she doesn’t want any consumer left in the dark about a product or industry. When Zoe isn’t writing meticulous and informational reviews for the people, she enjoys spending time with friends and reading.