Before someone decides to eliminate the harm from smoking marijuana, quitting this habit ought to be the first priority. It would be meaningless to start detox practices while you know very well that after a short while you’d get back into indulging in the same. Detoxing is a process of getting rid of toxins which accumulate in the body due to prolonged substance usage, especially addictive substances.
Decide to quit first
Cannabis is a psychoactive drug, so you need to clear your mind and get engaged in other activities to combat it. Below are a few steps that will help you un-cuff from chains of cannabis addiction:
1. Plan first – this process requires sound strategy. You have to change the environment and stop communicating with those who still use marijuana. Cleaning your residential home is important. Get rid of any paraphernalia that can trigger you back into smoking weed. Washing clothes also will get you a fresh clean atmosphere that is no longer tempting.
2. A healthy diet comes second – the type of food you eat and the type of drinks you take
- Drink a lot of water and other liquids, for example, juices, but avoid alcoholic drinks during the detox period. Since drinking hydrates the body, you will need to get rid of excess fluids and toxins through frequent urination.
- Don’t eat junk foods – eliminate fats in your diets and caffeine too.
- Eat more fiber instead – take fruits and vegetables: apples, almonds, avocado, basil (which is an antioxidant which helps lower cholesterol), beets, blueberries, nuts, garlic, ginger, broccoli etc. Whichever is at your disposal.
- Herbal detox – some root plants like goldenseal, red clover and burdock root help in speeding up metabolism and cleanse the body.
3. Workout – always keeps yourself engaged. Find something to do when you are out for lunch and in the morning after waking up (these are the most tempting moments). Workout burns fat, where most THC metabolites are stored and makes you sweat, what also helps in removing toxins from your body. You, therefore, need to engage in exercises that will accelerate the sweating process. Such exercises include running, bicycling and rebounding.
- Have a sauna – after sweating in the sauna, the body releases more toxins with sweat. A lot of water should be taken to accelerate detox process in the steam room.
- Yoga – it is always advisable to include yoga in your schedule because addiction to marijuana is not only physical but mental also. Psychologists claim that yoga cures all forms of mental addictions.
- Meditation – this might seem awkward but it is also helpful. Meditation will reduce the craving by shifting the mind activities to something else. Avoid meditation in places that may trigger you back smoking weed or into other bad habits.
Say no to insomnia, restore your sex drive, avoid depression and regain your concentration levels by trying some of the tips above and get rid of marijuana from your system. You will no longer want to smoke it.