It needs a lot of precision and care for a flawless CCTV installation. You will need to follow specific steps for this purpose and certainly, need help from a professional. However, if you are knowledgeable enough about it then you will be able to judge on own whether your CCTV camera is installed at the right place.
To start with, you must know the place you want to install it and a list of tools required for it. You will need to find out the area you want to keep under security the most. Also, need to check whether it is actually possible to install a camera there. Instead of inspecting every inch of your house you should make a diagram or flat- blueprint to make it more effective. This will ensure that the most important areas are covered. These areas are the main doors, driveways, common spaces and off-street windows.
Buy A Suitable Camera
According to the chosen place of installation you have to now buy a security camera that suits your needs. It is always cheaper to buy bundled security systems but if you are keen on selecting each piece individually then there are following things to choose from:
- You must buy a DVR or digital video recorder to record the movements and 1 to 4 cameras for a perfect viewing.
- It is also required to buy appropriate wiring and cables along with power cords all of which should be of the highest of standards.
Ideally, CCTV installation is very easy and straightforward for which you will simply have to follow the manufacturer’s instructions when you connect the cables with camera and DVR.
Plan Your Installation Process
For a perfect CCTV installation, you will need strategic and immaculate planning. Before you start your installation process you must consider few things.
- Manufacturer’s recommendations – All components of the CCTV system must be installed as per the recommendations of the manufacturer. If you find that it is hard to follow the instructions seek advice from the supplier or the manufacturer.
- Environmental considerations – This is also an imperative factor to consider for perfect operation of all the CCTV system components. The environmental considerations include the potential impact of seasonal or daily changes in light, foliage as well as climatic conditions. It is important that you take these under proper thought for a proper working of the CCTV cameras.
Steps for Installation
Now that you have the camera, proper locations and also a perfect plan it is time to begin the actual process of CCTV installation.
- Mount the camera on the mounting tools and supplies with screws, brackets, and others. Make sure that the bracket is attached firmly and then affix the digital camera properly.
- Alter the location accordingly and take care when you work with two conductors of the strength cable. Check whether it comes with screw or push terminals and also take note of polarity.
- Connect the display and recorder, for this, you may require a rack, or table or shelf. Select the right area for strength supply and check the polarity of terminals once again when you run the power conductors to the electricity supply.
- Ensure proper protection to the equipment from electricity spikes. For this plug it into a strength conditioner or any battery backup unit to check the common strength outage.
- Check for the strength on the device as the last step of cctv installation. Power it on and make final adjustments. Check and control the viewing of images on the monitor of DVR machine. Look at all camera views to make sure it is placed the way you wanted.
Use of Test Reveal
This test reveal is a very useful tool that will help you to adjust the positions of the camera properly and ensures that you have a flawless cctv installation.
Author: Amelie Lawrence