Plastic sheet materials like acrylic and polycarbonate have outstanding properties that suit the diffusers industry. It is very easy to machine and thermoforms them in various complex shapes. Hence, they become very good choices for lighting, applications, aerospace, and particularly for mass transit. These are the industries where they require strength and durability but lightweight. The other lighting applications where the plastic sheet suppliers are in demand are commercial lighting, retail merchandising, menu board, and mainly LED light diffusers.
Why Plastic Sheets are used for Diffusers Solutions?
- The LEDs are energy-efficient and long-lasting sources. Since the use of such lights is challenging for lighting designers, there are special grades of acrylic sheets and polycarbonate film that are engineered to diffuse LED hot spots.
- Acrylic sheets can be used for a wide range of lighting applications. This includes point-purchase displays, commercial lighting fixtures, and backlit signs.
- The polycarbonate sheets have many advantages as they have increased toughness. They also have the ability to operate at elevated temperatures. They also have outstanding flammability characteristics. The biggest thing is that it can be cold formed into complex shapes like for example light diffusers. You can find that the plastic sheet suppliers use them in UV stabilized grades that are engineered for outdoor purposes.
Used as Fabrication in Diffusers Industries
The plastic sheet suppliers’ have found a practical solution for fabrication requirements. The products like graphics have many functional and creative materials that make the displays attractive. They are ideally used for sign structure, graphics as well as electronics. The materials can be customized as per the specifications. This will create a durable and eye-catching display for any industry. There are, in fact, endless possibilities that can be enhanced with knowledge and creativity.
Why Plastics Sheets used in Lighting?
- The reason behind the fact that lighting manufacturers are moving away from traditional lighting is the preference for LED lights. This is because they are more efficient and also have a longer life. It is seen that they are even environmentally sound.
- The Plastic sheet suppliers are in great demand for new formulations that are aimed for both interior and exterior lighting. It is used for TVs, computers, signs, and billboards. There are more options and opportunities for processors, sheet extruders, and primarily injection molders.
- The suppliers find that they can easily choose transparent, light diffusers and ignition resistant lenses, optics, diffusers, and reflectors.
- The market for acrylic and polycarbonate has largely replaced glass in LED lamps and luminaries. They have recently also joined the silicone rubber, rigid PVCs for housings and lenses have now emerged. The latest is the use in thermally conductive compounds that is aimed to replace aluminum heat sinks that have a die-cast.
Difference Between Acrylic and Polycarbonate
- The plastic and polycarbonate sheets have different characteristics. So the plastic sheet suppliers use them for different purposes.
- Since both of them are transparent, they are comparable and frequently used as see-through plastics. Both of them are used in industries because there are different benefits for both materials. For example, the acrylic sheets are less expensive and shinier.
- They have a huge impact on resistance. It can be polished smooth and gives cleaner glue.
- If you use polycarbonate, then you will find that it is stronger than acrylic and are less rigid. They are highly resistant to acids as well as other chemicals.
The plastic sheet suppliers will help buyers with all the lighting application challenges. They have a very friendly service and technical support. They will help to keep your project on time.
Author: Jack Louis