Carpets can be considered as a staple item in a home. Because of the variety of styles and designs, you can choose from, carpets can be a great decorative piece for any room in the house. These can also be used to complement the overall theme of your home or as another safety feature as these can prevent slip and fall accidents. Carpets are an excellent investment because these can drastically improve how your home looks and can also increase the value of your property over time. But because there are several options for carpets to choose from, picking one for your own home can become a struggle. You might end up wasting your time and money in buying a carpet which doesn’t meet any of your expectations.
Berber Carpets 101: The What And The Benefits
There are many types of carpets today but Berber carpets are probably one of the most preferred choices by most homeowners – and with its unique characteristics, it’s easy to see why. Berber carpets consist of small loops, unlike other carpets that are made from strands. It has loop piles that are distinguished by alternating big and small tufts (carpet fibers which are wound together in order to create another group of fibers). Berber carpets also have a unique color pattern. It’s generally light-colored and has darker flecks that are spread throughout the carpet. Aside from its recognizable and unique style, Berber carpets provide a long list of benefits namely:
- Berber carpets are stain-resistant: Because of its composition, Berber carpets are actually stained resistant. Stains can’t penetrate through this carpet because of its tight weave. As a result, you can save a lot of time and effort from washing your carpets.
- Berber carpets are spill-resistant: When carpets are frequently spilled with liquid, its design and longevity can be adversely affected. A carpet that’s covered in spills can do more harm than good as this can adversely affect the overall mood of the room. But unlike other carpets, Berber carpets are spill-resistant. Berber carpets don’t immediately absorb any liquid which will give you enough time to blot the spill up. Berber carpets can retain its design for a long time since it’s less susceptible to any spills.
- Berber carpets are cheap: Price will always be an important deciding factor when it comes to your purchases. But since Berber carpets are cheap, you don’t have to worry about breaking the bank when you’re buying these. There are several options and manufacturers to choose from so regardless of your budget, you’ll easily find a Berber carpet that’s perfect for you!
- Berber carpets are durable: Anything that you purchase is your investment. You’d want to make use of the item for the longest time possible so you can get your money’s worth – and Berber carpets can give you just that. This type of carpet is known for its durability because of its fibers. Berber carpets are stronger and last longer compared to other types of carpets.
- Berber carpets are appealing and versatile: Berber carpets come in unique designs and color schemes, making this a very appealing and versatile decorative piece. You’ll be able to find a Berber carpet that can adapt to your interior design schemes.
- Berber carpets provide comfort: Because of its looped designs and fibers, Berber carpets provide comfort to anyone who uses it. When you step on a Berber carpet, you’ll immediately experience comfort especially if it’s made from wool or nylon.
- Berber carpets hide soiling: A soiled carpet can become an eyesore and can ruin the theme of a room. Berber carpets can save you from this dilemma because it comes in multi-fleck colors. These aren’t made in solid colors which means that these can easily conceal or hide soiling.
Berber Carpets 101: Considerations When Buying
Berber carpets have benefits that you can’t get from other types of carpets. These benefits can be useful for you and your home in more ways than one. However, you can’t maximize any of these benefits if you’re not keen on the Berber carpet you’re buying. You need to consider the following factors so you can buy a Berber carpet which meets your expectations:
- The pile: Berber carpets can come in different styles of the pile or the yarn that makes up the carpet. You can buy Berber carpets that have cut pile, loop pile, or cut-and-loop pile. Do your own homework and learn more about these loops. Once you know why these three are different from each other, it’ll be easier for you to assess carpets up close.
- Price and budget: Most Berber carpets are affordable. However, if you’re planning to buy more than one piece, you might need to stretch out your budget. Scout for Berber carpets in your area, check the prices, and determine the number of pieces you’ll need to buy. Carefully planning how many Berber carpets and having an estimate of prices can help you budget better.
- Maintenance: And while Berber carpets are generally easy to clean, it’s also important that you check the manufacturer’s instructions regarding its maintenance. Cleaning methods might vary depending on the fiber used.
Add Berber Carpets To Your Home
When you’re a homeowner, everything about your property reflects your personality. For example, if your home is poorly-decorated, it might create a negative impression about your personality. Aside from this, taking for granted the aesthetics of your home can adversely affect its value in the long run. If you want to become a responsible homeowner and maintain the condition of your property, consider using Berber carpets. Not only do these improve the overall look of your home’s interiors but these can also give value for your money because of its long list of benefits.