Transportation has become essential in today’s world for us to go about our routine work. Bicycles have become a preference for many people, especially those who are environmentally conscious about polluting the air. These people not only help protect the environment but by choosing to use a bicycle, they are choosing a mode of transportation that is extremely affordable and also healthy. Even the cost of maintenance is almost negligible. But what must one keep in mind while buying a bicycle and choosing the best bicycle shop and store? Here are a few things you should know before choosing a bicycle and a good store.
How to know which is the best bicycle shop and store for you?
A good store offers a variety of bicycles, and the store may or may not offer to service after it has been purchased. The best bicycle shop and store should offer the following facilities:
- A good range of different types of bicycles – There are various kinds of bicycles that are available for different purposes. Some of these are :
- Road bicycles – These also have segregations like touring bikes, fitness bikes, adventure bikes, and so on.
- Mountain bicycle – These are specially engineered for surfaces which are rocky and mountainous.
- Hybrid bicycle – These bikes are suited best for people who travel on both rocky terrains and plain paved road.
The best bicycle shop and store should have all these types of bicycles.
- The shop must have a good reputation in the area – The purchaser must always visit a bike store which is in his locality or someplace nearby; in short – easily accessible. This ensures that he will be able to visit them easily if something goes wrong with the bicycle. Also, it is a good idea to do some research beforehand and find out if the store has a good reputation regarding customer service, so you do not face any issues later.
- The best bicycle shop and the store must offer after sales servicing and repair – Not all bicycles last a lifetime, and neither can one expect it to. After all, it is a machine. However, there are times when a newly purchased bike starts malfunctioning, or you may even discover something broken, or there occurs wear and tear on the bike with time and use. In such cases, it becomes necessary for the person to take it to the shop he had purchased it from for minor repairs or a proper servicing, which is essential for the proper functioning of any machinery.
- Facility to customize parts of the bike – The best bicycle shop and store should have attendants who look after customer satisfaction. These attendants should have good knowledge of the various types of bicycles, and they should be able to help the customer choose a bicycle as per their requirements. A good bike store should also be able to customize parts for a customer. For example, while buying a bicycle from such a store, a customer might be required to give his height and weight measurements, and accordingly, an appropriate bike can be chosen. Also, some parts may be added or even removed according to the comfort of the customer.
- Quality of bicycle components – A good store will always have quality products, which will ultimately reflect in the quality of your bicycle. If you find that your bicycle is durable and parts are not wearing too soon, you can rest assured that you have chosen a good store for your biking needs. Also, while purchasing a bicycle, one must always check the tires and the seats. If those are sturdy, your bicycle will last longer.