Asphalt is a sticky, black and viscous liquid made of tiny rocks, sand granules and crude oil which is used as a road surfacing and construction material. It is durable and an economical alternative to concrete for constructing roads, driveways, highways, roadways and parking lots. It is weather resistant and is ideal for low and high traffic situations.
Hundred percent of Asphalt is recyclable which helps in preserving resources. There are tons of Asphalt Road construction and maintenance service providers who provide customized as well as general support repair and maintenance services.
Here are a Few Areas which should be Covered by All Service Providers:
- Cost– as Asphalt is an economical and cost-effective product it can help in bringing down the cost of the entire project too. Contractors should understand the requirements of the customer. Factors like the strength required for the project, whether low quality or high-quality gradient of asphalt be used, which type of asphalt is preferable~ hot mix asphalt or a warm mix or a cold mix asphalt, must be discussed before starting the project. They should help the client in completing the construction as fast as possible and with minimum working capital deployment and funds.
- Resurfacing and Paving- Some projects might require paving or constructing a new road while some would require resurfacing an old road by fixing old cracks and holes. Your contractor should provide both services. He might use a high gradient of asphalt mixture for constructing a new road to give a smooth finish; however, in resurfacing projects he might use a mixture with a high percentage of recyclable asphalt.
- Safety Measures- Asphalt Road construction and maintenance service providers follow all safety measures by the book and environmental measures. For government and municipality projects these are the top concerns for road construction and maintenance services. The construction should also not cause heavy traffic and vehicle emission which can cause a negative impact on the environment.
- Maintenance & Repairs- Regular checkups and evaluation can lead to an enormous amount of savings. As asphalt is a versatile and easy substance or material to deal with, it only requires maintenance personnel or staff and some basic tools to undertake repair and maintenance work. Constant repair and maintenance can in some cases help recover the cost of construction. If unattended, it reduces the lifespan of your project. Regular checkups help increase life and durability of the project. It also acts as a great quality check for Asphalt Road construction and maintenance service providers.
- The Scope of Work- It is important to define the scope of your service before you start your construction and maintenance job. Most of the contractors provide maintenance and repair services along with construction services. The scope of work acts as evidence as to what the two parties have agreed on. For example, if a project to construct a road is taken later, the customer shouldn’t expect the client to build an extra alleyway or a sideways as part of the original project.
- Crew Members- The Asphalt Road construction and maintenance service contract should clearly state the number of labor or staff that will be deployed on the project. For example, if it is a big project then a staff of eight to ten working members would be required and if it is a small job like building an alleyway or a side road then three to five working members would be required. This is important because other factors like sick leaves, understaffed, labor turnover should not result in a delay of the project.
- These are a few factors that one should keep in mind before employing an asphalt road construction and maintenance service provider.