The Lenexa/Kansas City region is an ideal place for business travelers to stay due to the fact that it caters to the millions of tourists and working guests who arrive in the area each year. This west-side sector of the huge KC Metro area is home to dozens of global corporations, sports teams, and retail giants.
Anyone who plans to visit the Lenexa/Kansas City area should make a note of some of the top attractions and hotels.
- Bury the Hatchet game venue: This is a unique place with an unusual twist. In addition to all sorts of standard games, there is the chance to throw axes at a target. After a brief instructional session, guests are allowed to throw to their heart’s content. People love this place and it’s a must-see venue if you’ve never been to Kansas City/Lenexa.
- iFly Indoor Skydiving: Here’s another local specialty. Skydiving is a Midwestern tradition in Kansas and Missouri, so this indoor training facility is a natural fit for locals. But visitors flock to it too, and the amazing wind tunnel effect you feel during the dive is like nothing else.
- Overland Park Farmers’ Market: Here is a Midwest classic. The OPFM is a massive venue that operates year-round for local Kansas and Missouri farmers who wish to sell some of their bumper crop goodies to the local city folk. There are farmers’ markets all over the U.S. but this is one of the biggest and one of the best. The selection is breathtaking.
- The Kansas City Automotive Museum: A local favorite that draws lots of business travelers too. It includes a fine collection of early 1900s cars like Model T’s and Model A’s. Even non-car buffs enjoy the incredible displays at this Kansas City/Lenexa car museum.
Prepare for Your Trip to Kansas City/Lenexa
Lenexa is an old city that has grown wildly in the past two decades. It’s now a national corporate center, economic zone, and a prime venue for international trade shows. Located in the middle of the United States, the region is known for being business-friendly. Local restaurants, theaters, hotels and other commercial establishments cater to visitors almost like a top resort city, but without the downside of huge crowds and high cost.
Remember that the Midwest gets an even dose of all four seasons, so be sure to pack appropriate clothing for high summer temps and cold winters. Spring and Fall are much more pleasant and can be the best times to visit the area for business or personal reasons.
Best Hotels for Visitors
- Hyatt Place Kansas City/Lenexa: For business travelers, this hotel has all the bases covered. It includes an indoor pool, cafe and full bar, modern rooms, a relaxed atmosphere, and a huge conference center.
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Lenexa: Plenty of amenities for business guests, including a fitness center, free Wi-Fi and continental breakfast.
- Candlewood Suites Lenexa: Candlewood is a good choice for business travelers who want the basic necessities like a gym, pool, free Wi-Fi and a relaxing lounge area with computer terminals.