You need to clean your house, but you’ve been postponing it over and over.
But you’ve been putting it off for too long—the in-laws are coming to stay the weekend (surprise), and you simply cannot let them see it like this!
Well, no stress, because in an hour’s time, you can have a clean house!
At PetHairPatrol.com our mission is to help pet owners keep their home clean and fresh. Our expertise lies in tackling pet-related messes, but every homeowner will benefit from these cleaning tips.
The truth is that if you want to spend 10 hours to clean your house, you’ll surely find enough tasks to keep you busy. However, you can tackle all the critical tasks in as little as sixty minutes.
No, we’re not just talking about tiny homes. This can be done with large homes, as well.
To tackle a task this big, follow this short guide:
What are the important parts of your house you need to clean during this period?
- Living room
- Dining room
To clean these parts of your home successfully, you need sufficient (and efficient) supplies.
You can have a caddy to keep these supplies stored for on-the-go access and to make it easy to carry around the house as you go on your quick cleaning spree.
Some supplies you should have in your caddy are:
- Paper towels
- Dispensable clothes for cleaning
- Old toothbrush
- Bottles of window cleaner, bathroom cleaner, and all-purpose cleaner
- Bottles of bleach and vinegar
- Micro-fiber duster
Another vital piece of equipment is a functional and easy-to-use vacuum cleaner. A handheld vacuum is a great tool for quick cleanups and tidying up. Another fantastic option is a stick vacuum that will enable you to quickly and effortlessly clean floor, carpets, and above-floor areas. Or, if you want to make things even easier on yourself, you could get a robotic vacuum that will automatically take care of upkeep vacuuming making sure your home is always ready o welcome visitors. You can find some of the best vacuums for quick cleanups here.
Another piece of equipment to have in cleaning arsenal is your laundry basket to pick items up that are found in the wrong places.
Let’s go into the tasks.
Living Room (8 minutes)
Your living room is an open space, and the places to clean are pretty straightforward.
- Dust your TV set and other electronics you have here as they tend to gather dust easily.
- After this, you can spray a little amount of cleaner into a damp cloth and wipe the furniture surface to remove dirt.
Dining Room (4 minutes)
- In the dining room, apply cleaner to the damp cloth and wipe the table surface. You can also wipe the surface of the dining chairs or dust them depending on their surface material.
- You should remove dirty hand towels and other materials into your laundry basket.
Study (6 minutes)
When you get to the study, what you’ll have to deal with most is dust.
- Dust your monitor and other parts of your computer. You should also dust books that have gathered dust if you still have a collection of physical books in an at-home library.
- The next step is to arrange your desk by arranging scattered papers. Stationery supplies, like pens and envelopes, should also go to their right places.
Kitchen (12 minutes)
The main parts of your kitchen you’re going to clean are the dishes, microwave, the bench tops, the stovetop, and the sink.
- To start, add 1cm of vinegar and water into a coffee cup.
- Place the cup in your microwave and turn it up for a high level of heat. Place your dirty dishes in the dishwasher and run the machine to clean your dishes.
- After this, spray the all-purpose cleaner on your bench top and stovetop. Use your cleaning cloth to wipe the surfaces and remove gunk from your stovetop. Also, wipe your sink to remove dirt.
- By this time, remove the cup from the microwave, and it will now be easier to clean the mess in the machine.
Bedrooms (10 minutes)
You can spend a lot of time here if you get carried away. However, if you focus, you should just do these things:
- Pick the dirty clothes and dump them in your laundry basket.
- After this, dust the windows and other surfaces. Then wipe your mirrors with paper towels after applying the window cleaner. After this, you can polish the mirror with a soft cloth.
- The next step is to remove the linen from your bed and lift the mattress. Dust the bed base to remove dust before replacing the mattress.
Bathrooms (10 minutes)
- First of all, you have to apply the toilet cleaner to the bowl and below the rim. Scrub the bowl with the toilet brush and leave it. Also, apply bleach to the shower.
- Clean the surfaces with the bathroom cleaner and use the old toothbrush to clean tight places like the tap. After this, you can rinse the bleach from your shower and clean the bowl with toilet paper. Use the window cleaner for your mirror and a soft cloth to polish it.
Laundry (10 minutes)
- Clean your washing machine with damp clothes to remove accumulated dirt. Load dirty clothes into the machine to wash them.
Once you’re finished with everything, you can also go around and quickly Swiffer through or vacuum the floors.
Well done! You have now done the basic cleaning of your house in an hour.
What a workout!