If you are planning a living room revamp, the accessories must be carefully chosen, in order that they complement the room, and along with other small items, the cushions need to be carefully chosen. It is advisable to include your cushion choices in the original room plan you create prior to actually redecorating, and with that in mind, here are a few important aspects to consider when selecting cushions for your living room.
Image Source: Pexels
- Do Not Match Your Cushions With The Sofa – It might seem like a nice idea to have cushions that perfectly match your 3-piece suite, however, the design experts say this is going a bit too far. In fact, some top interior designers actually prefer to make a good contrast colour, rather than coming close to the suite colour. The curtains or blinds can contrast well with the cushions, and if you search online and find a wholesale cushion supplier, they would have many designs to look at and would be happy to make the cushions to your specification.
- Shape And Size – You don’t have to buy your cushions off the shelf ready-made. Rather, consult with a wholesale cushion pads supplier in the UK, and they will be able to make your cushions to your specific dimension. Plus, you get to choose the colour and fabric. You could experiment with heart, or oval shapes by creating a template in coloured paper. You could also search online for a free design app, which will allow you to create a 3D image on your computer.
Image Source: Unsplash
- Search Online For A Bespoke Cushions Supplier – There’s no need to visit shopping malls looking for the right cushions when you easily search online and find a wholesale supplier, who would be happy to create the ideal cushions for your lounge. This will ensure that your accessories are ideal for the room setting, and as you are having the cushions made, you get to decide colour, shape and filling.
- Number Of Cushions – It is quite fashionable nowadays to have lots of floor cushions, which might be a bean bag in design, and these can be used instead of chairs. In certain settings, having too many cushions will make the room look confused, but it really depends on the style of the room. The number of cushions you have is something you need to consider, and, of course, if you do have too many, you can always hide a few. One must avoid having too many cushions on the sofa, as this will not be comfortable, and if you are in doubt, you could always ask a friend for their opinion.
- Consider Pattern Designs – While most homeowners prefer a single, rich colour, there’s no reason you can’t use a patterned design. If you would like to browse the Internet, you will find many fine examples of patterned cushions, which might help you make your fabric selection.
Like other room accessories, your cushions should be carefully chosen, and by searching online for a wholesale cushion supplier, you can create your own special design that really complements the setting.