Whether you are moving your office to a new building or just updating your current office, an office fit-out or refurbishment can be a time consuming and challenging task if not planned well. No need to worry because these tips will help you effectively plan an office fit-out.
Take into account your office needs
Are you considering an office fit-out or refurbishment because you are expanding your business? Are you merging with another company, updating your workplace, or down-sizing? No matter what your reasons are, it’s pertinent that you take into account all your needs before starting out on office fit-out, both present and future needs because you don’t want to be repeating the same process a year later for the reason that you under-estimated your present needs.
You should consider these things at the time of the project:
- Number of people you need to accommodate
- Your organization’s growth projection
- Requirements for meeting rooms
- Breakout spaces like café, break rooms, etc.
- Size of collaborative offices
- Storage requirements
- Project’s budget
- Your office furniture needs
Who will be involved in the project?
It is recommended that you appoint a project manager to manage the project but understandably, he or she will need a team on which they can rely for support and assistance. The team will ensure that all needs and tasks are considered and completed within the agreed-upon budget and timelines.
The key members involved in the project will obviously differ in each company, but following people would have some level of involvement in the project: Project manager, Managing Director, HR manager, and Finance manager.
Hold regular briefings to apprise those colleagues that are not involved in the project so that they don’t feel inadequate or unimportant. Let them know what’s happening and have them ask any questions or feedback related to the project. That way, everyone will feel included in the project and you will get some useful suggestions out of it too.
Choose a reliable Office Fit Out company
In order to save both time and money, you should choose an experienced fit-out partner who can take care of the aspects of your project with utmost perfection and reliability. One such company is Office Evolve that offers full build service and design so that your stress levels are kept to a minimum during the project.
You should choose a fit-out contractor that offers the following services:
- Feasibility analysis
- Useful and constructive advice on building control
- Project management
- Planning & Design
- Detailed 3D plans
- Partitioning & Lighting
- HVAC advice
- IT Services
- Finishing, flooring, and décor
- Moving services
- Customer Support
Following are the things you should do before signing a contract with a fit-out company:
- Ask them for their references and always check them.
- Visit and examine one or two of their previous fit-out projects.
- Always make sure that their quotations include everything agreed upon.
- Negotiate and agree on budget and timescales.
- Lastly, make certain that you are comfortable with their personnel and management team.