If you have recently been clubbing or to any sort to bar, one thing you may have noticed is the emergence of jelly shots. This trend has really taken over as of late, from restaurants to nightclubs, everyone is doing it.
Not only do jelly shots offer something different and exciting, but also they look fun and they taste delicious too. It is of little surprise that they have proved to be such a hit. There is no end to the different jelly shots you can create and in this post, I am going to introduce you to some of the most popular options.
Before going through some of the most fun and delicious jello shot recipes, let’s take a look at how to make a basic jelly shot. Once you know how to do this you will be able to experiment with your own flavors. All you need is a small box of jelly, half a cup of vodka, half a cup of flavor liquor and one cup of boiling water.
This is the basic recipe, so you can add to this and develop your very own jelly shot. From champagne to tequila, there is no limit to the ingredients you can include. You can also drop in a piece of fruit, such as cherry or strawberry, for the wow factor. It is important to stress that this is still an alcoholic beverage, even though it looks fun and is in jelly form. For those who have been in addiction treatment programs, you still shouldn’t try these jellies. It may seem harmless, but it’s not!
Popular Jelly Shots
- Strawberry Lemonade – This jelly shot is a real crowd-pleaser, appealing to most people’s tastes. It’s also a perfect choice for the warmer months ahead. To create this shot you simply need three boxes of strawberry jelly, half a cup of triple sex, half a cup of lemon-flavored vodka and one cup of boiling water.
- Jolly Rancher – If you love all things candy, this shot is definitely one for you. You will need your basic ingredients, i.e. half a cup of vodka and one cup of boiling water. For the flavored liquor you should use half a cup of Apple Pucker and for the jelly get your hands on three boxes of melon flavored.
- Margarita – The Margarita is a classic cocktail and you can easily base your jelly shot recipe around other popular drinks, such as the Mojito or Cosmopolitan. For the Margarita version, you will need half a cup of triple sec, half a cup of tequila – which replaces the vodka, one cup of boiling water and three boxes of lime jelly. I also advise adding a splash of lime juice to the boiling water.
- Blue Hawaiian – If you fancy making something a little bit more complex, the Blue Hawaiian is an excellent choice, instantly transporting you to a luxurious tropical island. To make this drink you will need to get your hands on berry blue jelly, or something similar, and half a cup of pineapple juice, half a cup of blue curacao, half a cup of Malibu rum and half a cup of boiling water.
- Cherry Bomb – Containing Red Bull, the Cherry Bomb is great you fired up for the evening ahead. To make this drink you will need half a cup of vodka, one cup of boiling water and three boxes of cherry jelly. You will also need half a cup of Red Bull, but any energy drink will work well.