The beautiful Australian climate will have you wanting to spend more time outdoors than indoors—for the most part. But what happens when it’s raining or too windy?
Don’t let the weather stop you from relaxing in or on your favourite outdoor spot. By purchasing cafe blinds Melbourne residents can entertain their guests outdoors all year round, regardless of the climate.
Outdoor cafe blinds aren’t only appreciated for their practicality, but for aesthetic properties too. They instantly beautify your outdoor space to create a stunning haven of rest and relaxation.
Does this sound like something you need? We’re here to give you a few tips to help you pick the right outdoor blinds for your needs.
What Do You Need Them For?
Before you go blinds shopping, you need to consider what exactly you need them for. These blinds aren’t a one-size-fits-all solution because everyone’s needs are different. Consider the following:
- Where do you want to place them? Are they for your backyard or patio?
- Do you need them to create an entertainment area or extra space outside your home?
- What are the general weather conditions that prevail in your area?
- Do you want a fixed solution or something that’s retractable?
Consider the Colour
Outdoor blinds are available in a wide range of colours and designs. Before picking a particular colour, consider whether it will blend well with your home’s exterior or existing outdoor decor.
What colours are the furnishings in your alfresco area? What colours are your outdoor decorative pieces? Answering these questions will help you pick the perfect colour that won’t stand out in an awkward way.
Do you prefer light or dark shades? Top tip: light-coloured blinds will make your space look effortlessly elegant.
What’s Your Preferred Style & Design?
What kind of style are you looking to achieve? Do you want to create a traditional, modern or contemporary setting? Purchase blinds with a vertical design to achieve a contemporary look. Opting for a mottled design will help you achieve that sleek and mid-century look.
Do you want blinds with or without louvres? If you value your privacy, then blinds with louvres will definitely keep any prying eyes out.
Because outdoor blinds are available in different stylish designs, you’ll undoubtedly find something that suits your style.
Consider Their Durability
Aesthetics aside, you want to pick blinds that will last long. Imagine buying blinds that start fading just a few months down the line.
Our advice? Purchase high-quality blinds from a reputable outdoor blinds company. Sure, they might cost you a little more, but you’re guaranteed a sturdy construction that’s built to last. By purchasing high-quality blinds, you can be sure that they won’t fade, warp, crack or split anytime soon.
Remember that they’ll constantly be exposed to harsh weather elements. You want blinds that are tough enough to withstand such.
What Are They Made Of?
This brings us to the next factor; what are the blinds made of? The material used in the blinds’ construction determines durability, price and ease of maintenance—so pick wisely. Here are a few common materials:
- Metal blinds: These are usually made of aluminium. If you want sturdy outdoor blinds, this is the type for you. Aluminium doesn’t rust easily, plus it’s pretty easy to maintain. Aluminium is also affordable.
- Plastic blinds: Much like metal blinds, those made of plastic are very affordable too. This is likely the main reason behind their popularity. Most plastic blinds are robust and resistant to premature wear & tear. But probably the biggest advantage of this type is they come in a wide range of colours. Vinyl is a commonly used plastic in this type of blinds.
- Wooden blinds: Wooden blinds are known for adding elegance and sophistication to any space. Maybe that’s why they cost a lot more. The only major trade-off is that wooden blinds are extremely difficult to maintain. Plus, they won’t last very long in the face of extreme rainfall, sunlight and humidity.
- Faux wood: These are usually made up of a combination of wood and synthetic plastic materials such as PVC. If you want low maintenance blinds that add a touch of elegance to your home, this is the pick for you.
Are They Easy to Use?
So, you’ve managed to find blinds that are the perfect style and colour which blend with your outdoor furnishings, but are they easy to operate? The last thing you need is to pick blinds featuring a complex design that’s a hassle to open or adjust.
Remember that, depending on the weather, sometimes you may want to open them fully to take advantage of the warm sun. On other days you may want to close them to keep the rain out. Pick blinds that allow either with ease.
Motorised blinds are definitely easy to use. You can open them with just a simple click of a button.
Buying outdoor blinds must be a once-off investment. Follow the tips outlined in this article and we’re certain you’ll buy the right style for your needs, the first time.