Although there are several different options available to pave the parking lot of your business, asphalt remains the top choice. Asphalt parking lots are deemed to be better in several ways. They also offer your business an edge over your competitors. Here are some of the top reasons why successful businesses prefer to have an asphalt parking lot:
Businesses need to create a good impression on the customer or client at first sight. Asphalt paved parking lots are the best way to start. You get a chance to create a favorable impression as soon as the client pulls up into your parking lot.
Regardless of how big or small the business is, asphalt pavement or parking lots are considered to be a safe base for heavy vehicles and heavy traffic. It can be used as a solution for different problems like flood control, water storage, and erosion.
The asphalt paved parking lots and pavements are well known for their smoothness. This allows the vehicles to have better contact with the road. The open-graded asphalt used in the pavement allows water to drain off the sides and through the surface. This reduces the splashing of water by vehicles considerably. Since the water drainage is taken care of, it also means that ice formation is a rarity during the winter season. This will reduce the chances of someone slipping and falling in your asphalt paved parking lot. Asphalt is also well known for its better visual distinction of lot markings and better skid resistance.
Since asphalt has the ability to absorb sound, it means that you can reduce sound caused by traffic and vehicles by almost 50%. This can be a huge benefit if your business parking lot endures heavy traffic and movement.
Increased Property Value
Improving the exterior of any property has time and again been proved to increase the property value. According to the experts at Limitlesspavingandconcrete.com, the same stands true for asphalt paved parking lots. You can boost the property value with curb appeal and the right use of landscaping.
Asphalt pavements can be recycled and reused again, making it a sustainable option. You don’t need to rely on new materials and also get to save money on the process as well.
Asphalt parking lots have been observed to have a longer lifespan. With the right preventive measures in place, you can increase the life of your asphalt parking lot without any additional trouble. Some of the common maintenance jobs include seal coating, filling cracks and potholes, repairing damages, sweeping, and cleaning.
Unlike other paving options, asphalt pavements can be installed quickly. This will enable you to keep your place of business open without disrupting your daily operations.
Advantages of Seal Coating on Asphalt Pavements
Once you have gone ahead and invested in asphalt paving for your parking lot, it is time to keep a close eye on the maintenance of it, to make sure your investment has a long lifespan. As mentioned earlier, the seal coating is one of the processes that help protect asphalt pavements. Listed below are the advantages it offers to your parking lot.
- It is useful to fill any existing surface voids and reduces the exposure of the pavement to UV rays and oxygen.
- It is extremely useful in preventing any accidental oil or gas leaks from penetrating the asphalt surface and going in too deep.
- Acts more or less like a waterproofing agent that reduces the effect water have on asphalt.
- The process leaves behind a smooth black surface on the pavement. This makes it easy to paint lines and other markers seen in parking lots.
- The seal coat applied during the seal coating process attracts heat from the sun, making the asphalt more pliable. This is useful in preventing the asphalt from cracking and also helps it to withstand heavy traffic.
- Since the seal coating makes the asphalt paving smooth, it becomes a lot easier to sweep it and keep it clean. This helps lower your cleaning costs and keeps your parking lot looking fresh and clean.
- It helps prevent erosion and oxidation of the top layer of the paving. In fact, it also replaces any fine particles that have been lost due to normal wear and tear.
- Most asphalt pavements are prone to breaking down due to exposure to gas, oil, diesel, salt, and chemical penetration. It leads to the breaking down of the bond between the liquid asphalt and the aggregate. The seal coating process prevents this from happening.
Hence using asphalt for your business’ parking lot and seal coating it would be very beneficial to your business.