When we think about exercise, we think about people wanting to lose weight or get fit or have a great body. The fact is, however, that exercising goes way beyond this. Exercising comes with huge benefits that stretch to the entire body including the mind. So here are some great reasons that you should start incorporating some form of exercise into your life.
Firstly, exercise strengthens your heart and improves your circulation, which means that you are more likely to feel better across your joints and muscles. The increased blood flow raises the oxygen levels in your body and this will help lower your risk of heart diseases connected to high cholesterol. You can avoid coronary artery disease, and heart attack with regular exercise can also lower your blood pressure. In addition to these great factors it can also help:
- It Can Make You Feel Happier – Endorphins are what is released when you exercise which allows your mind to switch to a better mindset.
- It Can Help With Weight Loss.
- It Is Good for Your Muscles and Bones -It strengthens your muscles and improves bone health which means that you are less likely to start feeling better. If you have chronic pain, it’s still good to try and move.
- It Can Increase Your Energy Levels – If you are feeling tired or sluggish, exercise will give you a boost!
- It Can Reduce Your Risk of Chronic Disease – Diseases such as diabetes type 2 can be avoided.
- It Can Help Skin Health.
- It Can Help Your Brain Health and Memory.
- It Can Help With Relaxation and Sleep Quality – The more sleep, the less likely you are to pick up a virus or infection.
As well as exercising, you must also stay on track of all your other health issues too. Regular eye checks and hearing tests are a must. If you have had any blurred vision or are struggling to see you must go see an eye doctor because taking care of your senses is so important. If you are struggling to hear or if background noise has made your hearing a little more difficult, then you should get a hearing test. You can learn more about it and become educated further. Exercise can improve your eye health and your hearing by improving blood flow, so there are so many reasons to start taking advantage of it.
If you are concerned that you have a chronic health issue that will inhibit you from doing any exercise, then you must look at a few factors. What can you do? What are you able to do? Remember that walking is an exercise too. If you are struggling to do anything more hardcore, then that’s fine, do it as gently as you can but it’s vital to know that any movement is good movement! You must give yourself time and give your body time to adapt to doing exercise but it surely will thank you in the end. So whether it’s a gentle walk in the park, yoga, and pilates, or maybe swimming or cycling, it’s time to get moving!