Solar lighting is one of the most common and effective methods of lighting in residential and commercial settings today. Solar lighting is easy to install. You can also make it more aesthetically pleasing by adding special effects to suit your preferences and needs. Many people who use solar lighting in their homes choose to create a theme in the area where they’re installing the light. Whatever your purpose is, there’s no denying that solar lighting is a great addition to your home. It can make your home look better without necessarily spiking up your electricity bill.
As solar lighting relies on a renewable energy source, it’s very affordable and eco-friendly. But for you to maximize its benefits, it’s very important that you also know how to properly install it. Here’s what you need to know about installing solar lighting:
- Use Any Of The Different Common Types Of Solar Lights
There are different types of solar lights you can use in your home. Generally, the choice will depend on your preferences. Some of the common types include:
- Sun tubes are also known as tube lighting. These provide better heat insulation and more flexibility when used indoors.
- Deck lights are the lights you stick on your deck to illuminate your patio.
- Stair lighting brings light to steps that would’ve otherwise been too dark to see at night.
- Rope lights are an energy-efficient alternative to holiday lights. They can light up a walkway, fence, pool area, or anywhere you wish to hang them.
- Path lights are small dot lights that you fix to a pathway or garden by digging a small hole. That way, you can securely affix it on the ground.
- Floating pool lights are used to decorate a pool. You simply leave it floating on the pool at night after being fully charged by the sun.
- Security lights are usually motion-censored, flashing whenever someone passes by to alert the homeowners.
- Place It Carefully In Your Desired Location At Home
When you choose to install solar light fixtures at home, the first thing you need to decide is where you want the light to go. They should be installed where they can best suit your needs and improve your home’s value. If you have limited space, consider just using the light as a spotlight on a desk in the corner or on the ceiling.
You can also add decorative lighting options to give your home a unique look. For example, you can buy custom lighting fixtures which will allow you to change the color of the lights to match the decor of your room at any time.
You can also invest in solar lights for your home’s exteriors. If you have a pool or garden area at home and you don’t want the sun shining directly onto the surface, install solar floodlights which will allow the water to fall onto the ground instead.
Just be sure that wherever you do place it, you’re able to affix it safely and securely in your desired location.
- Follow The Installation Instructions Meticulously
Before you decide on purchasing any solar lights for your home, be sure to read consumer reports on each manufacturer to make sure they’re legitimate and that they offer good quality products. In addition, research about the different solar lighting options to ensure that you know exactly what you’re getting into.
An installer will walk you through the installation process and answer any questions you have about how to install your solar lights properly. They’ll also teach you about the benefits of solar power and what types of lights you should be looking for. If what you’re installing is quite simple and small, then you may be able to do it successfully sans the help of an installer. But, if you’re installing multiple ones and they’re also quite large, it pays to have the help of a professional. That way, you know for certain that what you’re doing is correct.
- Charge The Solar Lights
For proper and accurate installation, it’s also very important that you give the lights enough time to fully charge first. Most solar lights take an average of 12 to 14 hours to be fully charged. Doing this makes it easier to determine whether or not the solar lights are properly functioning.
Solar light fixtures are a great way to bring life to an otherwise drab space. The fact that these lights are natural and clean means they don’t contribute to pollution and the other harmful effects of using non-renewable energy sources. Moreover, they’re not a fire hazard, so they’re ideal for both indoor or outdoor use. Solar lighting is a great choice for most homeowners, and now that you know how to install one in your home, there’s no reason for you not to join along with this eco-friendly trend.