I am interested in rustic things that have a farmhouse feel and pallet projects fit into this category nicely. Not only projects made out of pallets add a rustic feel to your home you can earn a good amount of money if you have the ideal project ideas.
Here’s a list of 10 easy to make pallet projects that will sell.
Image by kissu
10 DIY PALLET PROJECTS THAT MAKE YOU MONEY
- Pallet Dining Table: This is something you can do and earn some bucks. Get your pallets ready, choose a design, and see all the planks. You need two striped pallets, four legs screwed to the inside corners of the table, and stain the table after construction. This dining table has a cool rustic touch from the pallets.
- Christmas Gift: A cleaned-up pallet can be used as the base of your Christmas sign, you can stencil oversized wood letters such as “Merry Christmas, joy, compliment of the season”. This pallet project is fun to design and implement, you can use so many kinds of paint.
- Pallet Vertical Garden: Pallet vertical garden is a growing space that makes use of the vertical and horizontal plane and it can be made by upcycling an old wooden pallet, it will take less than an hour to get this done. Help people to improve their gardens and make money at the same time. You need to shelve the wood pallet to the rear right, arrange the slats, nail 1″x4″ to the bottom of the shelves, paint and get your product sold out to homes.
- DIY Bench: A DIY pallet bench requires that you select a pallet built of entirely rot-resistant oak or pressure-treated lumber, drill/screw gun drive. To make a DIY bench, you need to add side support with small scrap wood, attach the legs, and screw to anchor the legs to the bench. Ensure you give it a little sanding; add stain and a pad for more comfort. Now, you can enjoy the comfort of your bench and make some sales
- Bookshelf: Give your books a new home with this quick and easy-to-make bookshelf made from free wood pallet boards, you also make money by selling to book lovers. Tools needed are tape measure, speed square, pocket hole jig, pencil, drill with a countersink drill bit, and table saw. Pry off the center wood strip from the pallet, this wood strip can be reused for the bottom of the bookshelf. You can scrap pieces of wood to serve as spacers so that the shelves will be evenly spaced and level. This project will take about an hour to get done, but staining or painting will increase the duration.
- Pallet Wood Sign: Make money by constructing a pallet wood sign for people who want to give their living space a rustic or vintage feel. You need a pallet, paint, and stain, and a brush to get started. Ensure you sand the portion of the pallet you will use and cut the boards from the pallet.
- Chair: To make a chair, you will need two pallets, a hammer, nails, screws, sanding sheets, a drill, a router, and a screwdriver. You need to cut the pallet by half and also put into consideration the base of the pallets, so the chair can support the user. Cut out the measurement and fit all the pieces together to create a better bond between these parts. Add finish and allow to dry. Now, sell your product and make some bucks. This project is budget-friendly and takes less time to make.
- Pallet playhouse: Here’s a fun project that can be sold to crèche and those who got kids with them. It doesn’t cost much to make. Get your pallets ready, cut off the stringers with a skill saw. Windows, door, roof, and floor are major components of a pallet playhouse. This is a project that can make you money, it requires expertise to make.
- Coaster: I’m sure you will love to make a coaster. It is easy to make and cost less. You need to have a bag of craft sticks, scissors, a can of wood stain, glue gun, wood stain brush, a bag of glue sticks, and a craft knife to get started. Making a pallet coaster takes about 40 minutes and doesn’t require any expertise. Read more about this project and start making money.
- Kitchen Garbage Bin: One of the advantages of a pallet is that it can be used to build any item in your house. This kitchen garbage bin was made from repurposed pallets, it is eco-friendly and better than a cheap plastic bin. You need two pallet wood, two studs, a drill, a miter saw, a small scrap of hardwood for the trap door and latch. Gather your pallets, determine the dimension, build the box and other parts. You can make money from a finished rustic pallet kitchen garbage bin, it’s fun to build and won’t take your time.
To anyone with a creative mind and the will to put these pallet projects into practice, making pallet projects can be a source of making money in your leisure. As you have seen, limited and readily available tools are all that is required to start your pallet project. I hope you enjoy the pallets project discussed in this article. I hope you will also make some money on the side or venture into it as a full-time business. Get your pallets ready and start making sales today!