Your home’s style and decor significantly impact the mood of your home, as well as the people living in it. So it’s important to pay attention to the aesthetics of your home from time to time. Fortunately, you don’t have to spend big money to update your decor. Most DIY home decor can change the appearance of your home, as well as ignite a new sense of joy.
Image by Milada Vigerova
Whether you live in a small apartment in the city or are residing in a posh land estate in Donnybrook, altering the appearance of your home is worth your time and effort. Given that you’re spending most of your time at home (due to COVID-19 stay-at-home measures), you’ll need a change of scenery. Achieve this by changing the way your house looks with a few DIY home decor projects.
DIY Home Decor: It’s All In The Details
If you’re not a professional interior designer, worry not. All you need to jumpstart your home decor ideas is a new perspective and a plan. How do you want your home to look? Which areas of your home need a touch-up?
Most of the time, homeowners don’t pay attention to the little details of their home. If you spend a little focused time on the aesthetics of your space, you’ll find multiple spots where you can change things. Here are some ideas to try out.
Stylish and Easy DIY Home Décor Ideas
- Add a mirror to every room. Mirrors are one of the simplest ways to add a touch of style to any area of your home. Mirrors can also make the space brighter and wider since they bounce light everywhere. Consider the mirror arrangement at dress shops: notice that you look more amazing compared to when you try the same clothes at home. The trick is in the mirror. Mirrors create a brightening effect that adds a touch of elegance to any room. So add a statement mirror in your rooms, placing them on the wall perpendicular to your windows. This will make the light reflect better, as well as enhance the beauty of your home.
- Be creative with strings. Have a classy designing hanging on the wooden walls of your study room or living room. A wooden board, some nails, and a couple of strings add character to your room. Use a string to create a DIY Polaroid gallery wall. Pick your favorite photos and hang them on the wall.
- Add organic life with decorative vases. Plants positively affect your health. In terms of the latter, they serve as mood swingers that alleviate your stress only with their presence. Plus, they add color to any room! You don’t have to buy big pots to accommodate plants in your home. Take some empty wine bottles and mason jars and paint them white. You can also create more style patterns by decorating these jars with washi tape. Cap them off by adding your favorite flowers and plants.
- Crochet or knit a colorful wall hanging for your room. Colors add life to any home. Seeing vibrant colors in the morning can cheer up the mood better compared to dull and old walls. Create a vibrant wall hanging using strands of yarn and a wooden dowel. Blend pastel colors with the brightest shades for amazing contrast.
- DIY stamp pillows. Another simple way to add color to your home is by stamping and applying charming colors to your pillow and cushion covers. Use yellow, green, blue, pink and other bright colors and stamp fabric covers with beautiful mandala flower patterns and styles.
- DIY wall geometric pattern. For this DIY home project, you’ll need your favorite paint colors and painter’s tape. Design random geometric patterns and shapes using the tape. Fill in the blocks with colors. Use a maximum of three to four colors to achieve the right contrast.
- Build a ribbon chandelier. If you have always dreamed of having a chandelier but don’t have the time or money to build one, don’t worry. You can build your chandelier out of ribbons. Take pieces of satin ribbon and wrap them around a frame to cover the surface. The colors white, purple and lavender make a beautiful ribbon chandelier.
In terms of home décor, the decorations can go from repainting your room to just adding accents to your living room. But whatever your chosen DIY idea is, remember that personalized items created with love can impact your home positively.