Every house tells a story. How do you want yours to be written? Obviously, a happy and healthy house will create magic for everyone. Not only does it improve the aesthetic appeal, but it will also boost the health of every family member.
Image by Karolina Grabowska
So how to add magic to your little place? Keep reading the tips to keep your house healthy!
- Keep your entryways clean – Entryways are the first thing that people witness when visiting your residence. And once the dirt gets inside, it can cause illness to you and your family members. Do you know that nearly 75% of the dirt gets inside through entryways? So how to protect your entry point? You can add mats on the entryways. Also, add it inside and outside of every room.
- Follow the policy of no-shoes-indoors. A basket at the door for footwear is a good option to look into.
- Do you have a pet at your house? If yes, then use a fine-tooth comb for them. This will help catch the fleas before they find a way to make your place home for themselves.
- Air purifier system – Indoor quality is an important consideration when it comes to your home environment. The improved air quality will add to the comfort of your house. For this, you can use several things as suggested by Zipf-Air HVAC company, such as humidifiers and dehumidifiers or whole-home air cleaners. If the indoor air quality is good, then it will keep you fresh throughout the day.
- Use essential oils – What is the best way to reduce the bad odor in your house? It is by using essential oils. Not only this, but it can also help in improving air quality. Scented oils have the power to trigger moods.
You can use antibacterial oils, like – Lavender, Sandalwood, or lime. However, choose the oil which best suits the atmosphere of your house and use them in proper proportion for safety.
- Disinfect doorknobs – Doorknobs are regarded as one of the dirtiest places in your house. It is needless to give the reason here as we know that we touch it now and then go in or out of the house. Hence, disinfect the doorknobs at regular intervals. You can use a microfiber cloth or disinfectant spray for this purpose. Don’t forget to use the disinfectant wipe after it.
- Keep your carpets clean – Carpets do not just add beauty to your residence but also act as air filters. They trap the dust particles in their fibers. If by mistake it becomes dirty due to spills or stains, then deal with it quickly. Why? Because keeping them dirty will reduce the aesthetic appeal of your house along with its environment.
A healthy home makes a happy abode. And with the above-mentioned tips, we can make our living worthwhile. After all, there is no denying what the famous author Jane Austen has said – There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort. Now let us buck up and start applying the steps given here!